C5 X7 seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveclv

C5 X7 seats

Post by steveclv »

So my LHD is the basic Confort spec with manual cloth seats. We are heading to the UK shortly and I'm wondering if anyone has compared the comfort level of the 'basic' seats with the electric adjustable half leather or complete leather seats? Also is the massage function worthwhile?

One of the reasons for asking is that over here, all of the drivers seats seem a bit knackered but if I can pick up a 'passenger' seat in the UK then it would become my drivers seat and they tend to be in better condition. That's assuming of course that the seats are actually the same :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 X7 seats

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi. The seats are not the same. The X7 has completely different systems than the older MK I / MK II and by this I mean there are a stack of modules and electronics both in the seats, and in the door which requires everything to work. You may not have all the wiring there either. The seats are linked to the door control module for the electric Memory seats and positioning. So if you don't have the Exclusive with this option and all the kit it won't work without replacing the lot including the door module control unit and wiring as well as the programming, fuses for the heated seats and electrics etc.

The massage function is fine and worked well for me, but I had the full leather from factory so was all there with the welcome function and electrics etc.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

Thanks
I did read that the 2009/10 models came with the necessary looms etc and just needed programming from the diagbox and then after 2010 it needed everything - but I don't know if that was a definitive answer. I guess I'll have to stick with what I have :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I just checked the seat and belt harness to compare with my X7 of the same year and can confirm the harness is different for non heated, non memory, non-massage seats - there are also in excess of 30 different harnesses alone for the different engines and equipment fitted,
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

Thanks for checking - that's it then - no changes here :)

Appreciated!