2013 DS5 Sport drivers door mirror not extending

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cupra to DS5

2013 DS5 Sport drivers door mirror not extending

Post by Cupra to DS5 »

Hi,
My drivers door mirror has stopped extending fully each time I unlock the car.

Is this a simple fix or just a sign of a worn out motor?

Sometimes it starts working again but mostly is only extending a little so is intermittent

Any way to get into these to lubricate and are they simple to remove and replace

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2013 DS5 Sport drivers door mirror not extending

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citropen / DS don't sell the foldback components separately, only the shells and covers, mirror glass closer and camera if fitted.

These range from £500 to over £800 depending on version and side for the complete mirror.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cupra to DS5

Post by Cupra to DS5 »

Thanks Marc

Ouch!

It works intermittently as it should then stops and only goes halfway then can start working again

Would a bit of lubricant in there somewhere help at all?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, I doubt that would help in this specific case, but what I would do is check the wiring from the A Pillar to where it enters the door (via the door aperture). Constant opening and closing of the door over years weakens the wiring here and this can lead to issues with mirrors, locking and other problems. You'll have to remove the wiring tube and then look for signs of weakness in the wiring for breaks or shorts.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cupra to DS5

Post by Cupra to DS5 »

Thanks Marc, appreciate the help as always 👍🏻
vaho
Donor 2024

Post by vaho »

It is pretty much always the motor unit problem, no amount of lubrication is going to help. I had this problem with both mirrors. Good thing is that you can buy the motors from aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006 ... 180225ZVsC
It is best to buy the whole actuator unit.
The quality is actually very good but the replacement is a bit of a struggle. The mirror can be fully dismantled, be careful with plastic clips though and it may take some time to figure it out. The hardest part is to remove the spring, you have to push the plate down and twist, it is a hard one. I managed to do it with long tip pliers. Also the wires tend not to fit through the hole of the motor with the rubber boot on. Basically the boot can be removed cutting half way through, it will seal sufficiently afterwards, there is no direct contact with water anyway. All and all it is doable and for the cost absolutely worth the effort.