I need assistant

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Philipopo

I need assistant

Post by Philipopo »

I have a Citroen C4 THP 1.6 exclusive (WITH EGS GEARBOX) with VIN NO: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], after replacing the engine the gearbox stopped working and came up with 4 gearbox fault codes
P1701--ECU Fault. Gear Change Control-Permanent Fault
P1800--Fault: Gearbox Initialization Incomplete Or Not Performed. Not Characterized-Intermittent
P0949--Fault: Clutch Initialization Incomplete Or Not Performed. Not Characterized -Permanent Fault
U1208--Fault In The Information Transmitted By The Engine ECU. Incorrect Value Received-Intermittent
I have taken it to 2 different gearbox repair centers but couldn't sort it out, the gearbox couldn't complete the programming process
I replaced the release bearing, dual mass flywheel, the pressure plate and clutch. Here in south Africa there is not too many of this gearbox set up here. i hope i will get the assistant i needed here.
20240604_123929.jpg
20240604_123923.jpg
Last edited by myglaren on 02 Jul 2024, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: I need assistant

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Basically there's an issue with incorrect or incomplete programming - did you replace the engine like for like? - an exact same engine? If not the engine ECU may not be configured correctly for this engine and this can in turn affect the other ECUs like the gearbox ECU.

If you have your VIN for your vehicle and the VIN for the donor engine I can check to see if you have indeed the same engine variant or not.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Philipopo

Re: I need assistant

Post by Philipopo »

Yes i replaced with the exact same engine. The car starts up and idle properly. Unfortunately I do not have the vin number of the donor engine.