How to stop car from unlocking sliding side door when opening back doors from within?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nimo

How to stop car from unlocking sliding side door when opening back doors from within?

Post by nimo »

Hi,

I have a Citroen Jumpy from 2013 (I think this one is called Citroen Dispatch in UK). I use this van as a camper. Sometime when sleeping in it I first lock all doors via the key remote -- but sometimes in warm climate I want to open the back doors to let some extra air in -- only problem is that when I do this then the sliding door by the side is also being unlocked -- is there some way to stop this from automatically happening?

Thanks in advance!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: How to stop car from unlocking sliding side door when opening back doors from within?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As far as I'm aware only the rear locking can be separated from the front cabin section by using the middle button - which is what it's doing from your description, as the side door is classified as the rear (load area), which was designed to keep secure the front cabin part when the driver was loading / unloading at the rear or side.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Re: How to stop car from unlocking sliding side door when opening back doors from within?

Post by wheeler »

The only way i could think of doing this is fitting a switch to the rear door open switch wiring, when sleeping in the back turn the switch off this means the BSI wont know the rear door has been open so wont unlock the rest of the van. Would need to remember to turn it back on again so the alarm works correctly/
Would need to see a wiring diagram to confirm.