DA3 Timing chain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Boz

DA3 Timing chain

Post by Boz »

Hi all, I have just purchased a Ds3 1.6 vvt 120 auto for my wife. The car has 30k miles on the clock however it is a 2013 year, I will be doing a full service myself in the next few weeks.
The car has a full service history and has covered only 1.5 to 2k per year for last 7 years as it was a mobility car.
I have just bought a full timing chain kit including gears etc for the time it needs doing.
My question is should I do it now because of age? or leave it for a few more miles?
I can do the job myself as I have a lift in my workshop and am a confident amateur mechanic, advice please, Boz.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DA3 Timing chain

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'd need the VIN to confirm the recommended replacement times, but usually these are time-based at 10 years or the set mileage interval - whichever comes soonest, so yes, it's overdue by a year at least, time-wise if not already done.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Boz

Post by Boz »

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
No record of it been done, I have got a full kit so can do it when needed.
Should I do the water pump at same time?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

There will be no specified interval for a chain - they are supposed to last the life of the engine (but many don't appear to!). Provided there are no correlation codes and it doesn't rattle at startup then no need to change it.
This is I think the Prince engine which has a water pump driven off the aux belt.
Richard W