Ds7 sidelights

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sparkyjock

Ds7 sidelights

Post by Sparkyjock »

Hi, I have a ds7 crossback the side lights are on when driving and can’t switch them off. Should be on all the time ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Ds7 sidelights

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DRLs should be on all the time during the day and dim at night when the main lamps are on.

So depends which exact lights you are referring to and your definition of 'sidelights'.

May be better to take a picture of the headlamp unit or lights you are referring to and mark on it which one, then upload the picture to the forum, using the 'Full Editor & Preview' button ↓↓ below ↓↓, attachments, browse for the picture on your PC or phone, then upload and place in the post where needed.

Also may be better to post your VIN so I know which lighting system you have as these are also different depending on build date and equipment. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sparkyjock

Post by Sparkyjock »

DRLs on ok sidelights and tail lights on when running. Light switch in auto position not on side light position.
Sparkyjock

Post by Sparkyjock »

DRLs on ok. The sidelights in the headlights and tail lights are on when running. The light switch is in auto position not sidelight position. Would a factory reset sort it out ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've had a look at the AFS system and even with any of the Rain, fog, High Beam, Road or city modes I can't see that the sidelamps should be on in the daytime, not should the tail lamps.

So there may be some issue. You can always try a BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sparkyjock

Post by Sparkyjock »

I will give the BSI reset a try and see what happens. Thanks.