2004 Expert/Scudo 2.0 HDi. Anyone Had Problems Sourcing Speed Sensor?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodbine

2004 Expert/Scudo 2.0 HDi. Anyone Had Problems Sourcing Speed Sensor?

Post by woodbine »

I have a 2004 Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD van, identical to the Expert. Recently I needed to replace my speed sensor that is mounted in a hole on the back of the diff. I bought a new Febi item that checked out on being compatible with the Fiat part number.

When I took the old sensor out, I found it was identical to the new part, except it doesn't have a square drive up inside the hole where the small gear shaft goes. New sensor has a square drive up inside hole, but my original gear shaft has no square hole to locate onto the shis square drive. So my original gear shaft wouldn't go far enough into the hole on new sensor.

Does anyone have experiance of these sensors? All the sensors online for sale seem to have the square drive up inside. Where can I get one without? Any advice appreciated.

The images are from top one downwards -

*Example of gear shaft with square hole
*New sensor with square drive up inside
*Original sensor and gear shaft - no square hole in end of gear shaft
*End of original sensor - no square drive up inside
*Original gear shaft - no square hole in end
Attachments
Shaft.jpg
Scudo Speed Sensor.jpg
DSC01877.JPG
DSC01875.JPG
DSC01874.JPG
Last edited by woodbine on 28 Jun 2024, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2004 Expert/Scudo 2.0 HDi. Anyone Had Problems Sourcing Speed Sensor?

Post by xantia_v6 »

I think maybe the plastic shaft from your original sensor has sheared off and is stuck inside your original gear (hiding the square hole).
woodbine

Re: 2004 Expert/Scudo 2.0 HDi. Anyone Had Problems Sourcing Speed Sensor?

Post by woodbine »

xantia_v6 wrote: 28 Jun 2024, 21:37 I think maybe the plastic shaft from your original sensor has sheared off and is stuck inside your original gear (hiding the square hole).
Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought at first and I could see something up inside that moved. Whatever I tried, I couldn't pull out whatever was up inside. I resorted to cutting the old sensor in half - to find that there isn't any plastic part with square hole that has broken off the shaft.

Anyway, I have ordered a new shaft with square hole which will hopefully fit into the new Febi sensor.