citroen c5 does not start after changing battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

canitez50

citroen c5 does not start after changing battery

Post by canitez50 »

My Citroën C5 Aircross has stopped working after changing the battery. After I connected the new battery, the car suddenly went mad. Everything started flashing and making noises, and none of the switches functioned. After doing some back and forth, I managed to turn it off, but it will not start now. It gives lots of fault signs. I have cleaned the battery terminals and used a jump start, but nothing has changed. Everything is flashing, and the lights are on except for the hand brake light, which is completely dead. What did I do wrong? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have video but could not upload on here.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: citroen c5 does not start after changing battery

Post by myglaren »

You will need to go into your YouTube settings for this video and make it public viewable.
canitez50

Post by canitez50 »

myglaren wrote: 25 Jun 2024, 13:10 You will need to go into your YouTube settings for this video and make it public viewable.
yes, sorry, done
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Is the new battery properly charged? Have you got in the right way round? Did you have to disconnect any cables to get it out, and are they back in the right place?
Richard W