What type of EOLYS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harryb54

What type of EOLYS

Post by Harryb54 »

Hi everyone
Just got a warning about my particle fuel additive being low on my 2014 C4 Picasso. What type of fluid do I need, my Reg is FP64BUE and the vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], many thanks in advance for your advise
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: What type of EOLYS

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need Powerflex additive and have a reservoir not a pouch system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Harryb54

Post by Harryb54 »

Thanks for your reply, do you know the capacity of the tank, they sell it in 1litre or 3litre bottles
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, not stated, but you need to put in at least 1 litre and have the additive counter reset using a professional level diagnostic tool.

Marc
Harryb54

Post by Harryb54 »

I’ve seen OBD 2 scanners for sale online, would they be considered a professional level diagnostic tool.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, certainly not. A generic 'scanner' will likely only be able to provide basic fault scanning and even then won't be able to provide any constructor-specific fault codes, and almost certainly will not have any functions for undertaking maintenance operations.

You really need something like Diagbox / Lexia, but to be honest you may be better off just getting the dealer to do this as it's not considered a customer-level operation and if you don't have a laptop with all the required hardware and software, then a non-starter to be honest as it can be a job to reset on some vehicles even with the right kit.

Marc
Harryb54

Post by Harryb54 »

Had the reservoir filled with EOLYS , but he couldn’t clear the fault, has anybody got any suggestions please
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

What diagnostic did he use? Has he had experience with Eolys before? Has he successfully refilled and cleared errors before?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As said, it really needs Diagbox (or a dealer) to reset the additive counter. If you don't, the fault won't go as the engine ECU will not know that the additive tank has not been filled (it has no physical measuring device / gauge).

Marc
Harryb54

Post by Harryb54 »

Hi, if it’s not reset, will the car have problems even if the reservoir has been topped
Harryb54

Post by Harryb54 »

Hi Marc
I’ve had the car diagnosed today and it’s coming up with
B1811 diesel additive fuel pump
Can you please advise
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Harry. Unfortunately I don't have the detail on this fault code at present, so am unable to assist. There may well be another 2 digits on the end of this code that would narrow the issue down, but I don't have it at present.

Marc