Japenese 3008 import

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tommyl22

Japenese 3008 import

Post by tommyl22 »

I am trying to program in a new key to my import but it won't program with diagbox I know euro peugeot and japenese use different frequencys is there any way to change the frequency or to program in a euro key to a japenese car

Thanks tommy
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Japenese 3008 import

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unlikely as the sender / receiver is a combination set at the factory. Unless you can get a fob that has the required frequency for Japan and try again.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Surely it's only the remote locking/unlocking that wouldn't work? It should be possible to pair the starting function to the vehicle.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Paul-R wrote: 18 Jun 2024, 20:48 Surely it's only the remote locking/unlocking that wouldn't work? It should be possible to pair the starting function to the vehicle.
I would have thought so too.

Japan will use 315 MHz
You best bet would be to use universal keys as they can be set to either frequency & work great on most PSA vehicles (certainly the 434 MHz variants anyway)
You would need the tool to set the keys though so may be best to see an auto locksmith.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul-R wrote: 18 Jun 2024, 20:48 Surely it's only the remote locking/unlocking that wouldn't work? It should be possible to pair the starting function to the vehicle.
You have to remember that if he has the Hands-free system, the Hands free unit is also one or the other frequencies .... so no, that wouldn't work I suspect.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

But I'm not saying anything about the radio frequency part. This is to do with the one-shot programming of the chip in the remote control. Nothing to do with radio.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Well i suppose we really need the OP to confirm if this is a regular bladed key or hands free key.
We also need to know what is happening when you try to program the key? Is it giving you an error or failure message? Or is it completing the process as if it was successful?
Even if this is a handsfree key, if its saying the process is successful i would have thought that it should still start the car if the key is held in the emergency start position as this completely bypasses the RF system anyway.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, we really need to know which of the 3 variants of 3008 this is -

tommyl22: do you have your VIN please so we can see what you do and don't have? Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc