C4 Grand Picasso engine warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
MattyC4H

C4 Grand Picasso engine warning

Unread post by MattyC4H »

I was camping this weekend so had the back half of the car full of equipment, tent, bed poles etc and on the way to our destination when going around a roundabout I suddenly got an engine fault warning and the car wouldn't accelerate or anything ( not ideal when halfway round a roundabout) and then I pulled over, turned the car off and it had no faults and drove perfectly.

Today we returned home and because of the fault the last time I was careful to go quite slowly round any roundabouts etc but then on a not especially sharp left turn it happened again forcing me to coast along until I could pull over

Any ideas what this might be? I'm assuming it's the weight on the back and we were very careful to try and centre the heavier items on the return journey. Any help would be great as its the main reason we bought this car for the boot space
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: C4 Grand Picasso engine warning

Unread post by RichardW »

You'll need to get it scanned to see what the fault is; unlikely to be anything to do with the weight.
Richard W
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

I wonder if it has a tilt sensor fitted that would kick in creep home mode?
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
MattyC4H

Unread post by MattyC4H »

I had a friend of mine plug in an aftermarket scanner that has always found faults on other cars he has used it on, but alas no codes found
Hamishi

Unread post by Hamishi »

I had the same issue with my C4 Grand 3 weeks ago. Red warning light on dash saying STOP Engine Fault. Only when cornering. Warning disappeared when I pulled over. Garage used diagnostic that said oil pressure fault. Recommended wet belt replacement. Cost £800. Complained to Citroen. They refunded cost of parts but not labour so only £500 put of pocket.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

@Hamishi: I hope they checked the oils trainer too for debris whilst at it. Make sure you use the correct oil grade AND specification on these engines.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hamishi

Unread post by Hamishi »

Strainer cleaned. Correct oil used with advice to change the oil again after 1000 miles.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Unread post by PaulC5 »

I had an Austin Maxi that would sometimes put on the oil light (low oil pressure) going around roundabouts if the oil level was not kept at maximum.
You could check if the C4 has the right oil dipstick.