Where do you guys get……

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Pete_D60
Donor 2024

Where do you guys get……

Post by Pete_D60 »

Hi All,

So, having recently acquired the 110k mile C3 Picasso Dogmobile, and managed to sort out the radiator fan not behaving itself, I’m now in pursuit of the diesel knock issue.
As the injectors have just been replaced by the dealer with refurbed units from WT Diesel, and the car having done 6k since the last service, I thought it best to start from having clean oil and filters before delving into other possible causes.

Probably best to stick with OE parts I guess, so do you guys have any decent sources for service parts that maybe offer decent prices to forum members or do you just get your eyes taken out by Citroen main dealers? If you’re aware of proven quality aftermarket parts that have been used without issue, I’d also be interested to know about them.

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Occasionally, I actually understand what I’m doing, however, now is not one of those times! #-o
moizeau
Donor 2024

Re: Where do you guys get……

Post by moizeau »

Autodoc. Get the official part number and search from that.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We aren't affiliated to anyone, so you're on your own there, but you can at least request official part numbers as part of your membership upgrade, from which you can use to source either the orignals from the dealer (they are actually not always more expensive) or use the part numbers to source aftermarket parts or originals being sold off from over-stock by dealerships.

I would not recommend using cheap Chinese parts for sensors and ditto from ECP (unless boxed branded parts).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
bobins
Donor 2023

Post by bobins »

I tend to trawl ebay along with quite a bit of legwork to find which parts match across different brands / models. It's best to start with the genuine part number but then cross reference it with suppliers like Autodoc or PartsInMotion and find where else that part was also used - brake components are a good example. A brake disc for a C5 might be part number 'abc1234', but the same brake disc was also used for something completely different and is also known under part number 'def5678'..... and a genuine manufacturer part 'def5678' can be bought a lot cheaper than 'abc1234' :)
As Marc says - probably best to steer clear of Eurocarparts unless you are desperate. I have used them plenty of times in the past, but they're not my 'go to' supplier.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Pete_D60
Donor 2024

Post by Pete_D60 »

Thanks for the responses guys, ECP was already on my “avoid” list, but I noticed whilst searching about that quite a few clubs and forums are able to access discounts at checkout from some suppliers , though obviously someone had to set that up initially.

Thanks also for the reminder re part numbers Marc, I’ll need to source the following for [see note below]

Thanks & regards,

Pete

Admin Note: I've moved your parts requests into the official parts thread Pete Here, just use that thread for any future requests :wink:
Occasionally, I actually understand what I’m doing, however, now is not one of those times! #-o
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Pete_D60 wrote: 25 May 2024, 23:13 I noticed whilst searching about that quite a few clubs and forums are able to access discounts at checkout from some suppliers , though obviously someone had to set that up initially.

That is mainly because the FCF allows no advertising or affiliation with any commercial concern.

The nearest we come is the "Recommended Garages And Services" forum where members can nominate a business where they have received particularly good service.
The only one that offers a discount to members is Easy Diagnostics.
Pete_D60
Donor 2024

Post by Pete_D60 »

myglaren wrote: 26 May 2024, 09:28
That is mainly because the FCF allows no advertising or affiliation with any commercial concern.
Okay, I guess that’s fair enough if those suppliers offering discounts do so in return for advertising or recommendations on the site.

But I guess if they offer a discount to forum members on the basis that doing so may gain them more business without any such advertising or recommendation required, then that would be in keeping with FCF principles. It should not cause any issues to let forum members know that discounts may be available if they wish to avail themselves of it without making any specific recommendation.

Forum members are obviously at liberty to post their personal experience as they see fit if using a particular supplier.