Peugeot 508 ECU not recognized U1F00, U1218

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fireball

Peugeot 508 ECU not recognized U1F00, U1218

Post by Fireball »

Dear users,

Diagbox and external scanners indicate 2 two constant errors that I can not deal with. They are U1F00 00 and U1218 81.
These errors do not affect engine operation and there are no warning lights on the dashboard.
In addition, Diagbox does not recognize the ECU version. I am convinced that this is related to above errors. There must be some problem in communication with internal interfaces.

In Diagbox it is possible to manually select the version of the ECU controller. In my case, it is DCM6.2. After manual selection, communication occurs without any problem.
I bought the most expensive version of Lexia (full chip, photo below). Can, someone tell me where to look for the problem or where to start? For now, I checked the fuses on the ecu and they are fine.
I contacted the dealer I bought the car from and he told me that these are errors that were caused by an out of juice battery. I will leave it without comment, so the battery has been replaced. Just why these errors are constant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XK1tF3 ... sp=sharing

Peugeot 508SW, 2.0 BlueHDI 180HP, 2017
VIN: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Peugeot 508 ECU not recognized U1F00, U1218

Post by Paul-R »

What version of Diagbox are you using?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

These are communications faults on the CAN network with the BSI.

The problem is that these faults can apply to multiple systems (Engine ECU, ESP System Instrument Panel, Head Unit, Camera etc.), so I can't offer a solution. Yes, these can be caused by a poor / weak vehicle battery, so try reading, then clearing them and see if they come back.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I've used seval Diagbox versions like: 9.68 , 9.91, 9.125 but v9.91 works best for me (v. 9.125 can't read my VIN). I also tried phone app called FAP but ECU cannot be detected so app doesn't work.
Errors are persistent. Can be erased but immediatly return. Battery is new.
Thanks anyway
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Fireball wrote: 19 May 2024, 10:47
In addition, Diagbox does not recognize the ECU version. I am convinced that this is related to above errors. There must be some problem in communication with internal interfaces.

In Diagbox it is possible to manually select the version of the ECU controller. In my case, it is DCM6.2. After manual selection, communication occurs without any problem.
This is not uncommon even with a genuine dealer tool, Sometimes it just cant auto identify a control unit & must be selected manually, always has been the case since Lexia days & still the same even on the latest genuine Diagbox. Dosent necessarily mean there is a fault with the car or your interface.