RT3 SMS

This is the RT3 unit and was made by Magneti Marelli
The RT3 was available in a few different hardware versions, the later ones supporting MP3 playback. These units had an optical connection to the Display Screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

607Fan
(Donor 2022)

RT3 SMS

Post by 607Fan »

Hi,

I’m still using the original RT3 unit in my 607, and have a “pay and go” SIM card installed so I can still use the ‘phone.

I’m able to receive SMS messages ok but every time I try and send one in return, I get an error saying “unable to send message” - there doesn’t seem to be any way to view / change the “SMS centre” to make sure it’s attempting to send the message via the right route.

Any ideas?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT3 SMS

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The SMS service centre number is usually accessed from the text message options somewhere in this menu - this is translated, so the text may not be 100% accurate. But if I remember there are other functions like the SIM Pin code and other info somewhere here too.
sms centre.png
It may be that the centre number has changed since it was originally set given the age of the unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
607Fan
(Donor 2022)

Post by 607Fan »

Thanks for the reply, I’ve gone through the menu and I have the following options, none of which let me change the SMS centre:

Received SMS reading
SMS sending - this just shows me the list of messages I’ve attempted to send
SMS writing - the message composer screen
Delete list of text messages

Doesn’t seem to be anywhere I can change the SMS centre
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Trouble is I remember seeing the setting years ago on my RT3 - it is there, but you may just need to go in and out of the menus to locate it. I just can't remember now!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc