Berlingo 1.6 hdi new NOX sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

J21Ken

Berlingo 1.6 hdi new NOX sensor

Post by J21Ken »

Good evening all.

I've just had a new rear NOX sensor fitted by my local independent garage. The urea light is still flashing and the centre console screen is still saying engine won't restart in 700 miles.

I believe the garage didn't know about the need to re initialise the emmisions system.

Can anyone offer any advice as I'm due to drive the family to france on Saturday afternoon for a holiday.

In my generic wifi elm diagnostic on my phone theres no value for NOX sensor 2 though the MIL is now off and the previous communication error is now cleared.

Thanks all
wheeler

Re: Berlingo 1.6 hdi new NOX sensor

Post by wheeler »

The garage will need to carry out the re initialisation of the denox system, dont think i'd be risking driving to France in it as the display wont be lying about not starting in 700 miles.

Amazingly i have dealt with vehicle owners (normally Land Rover drivers) that have ran out of adblue after getting a countdown warning on the dash from around 3000 miles warning them that the car will not start after the countdown... then are absolutely gobsmacked when the vehicle doesn't start.
J21Ken

Post by J21Ken »

Yes absolutely! I won't be driving it if I can't get it sorted.

I was hoping for some alternative to the garage doing it if they refuse or dont have tge right diagnostic equipment.

Longer term I hope to get the gear to do it myself for similar future issues.

Thanks for the reply.
J21Ken

Post by J21Ken »

Luckily all sorted now.

The garage were great about it and initialised the denox system in minutes on a snap on diagnostics machine.

I'll forge ahead with getting the gear to do this for myself but at least we should be ok for the drive to france tomorrow now!

Thanks.