C4 grand Picasso door fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Ryanoneil11

C4 grand Picasso door fault

Unread post by Ryanoneil11 »

have a problem with the dash saying both of the front doors are open which has knocked off a few features I like like parking assistance, auto hand break off , start stop and hill start.

I have error codes -

b175c - suspected failure of the door opening switch on the driver side

B173a- fault in the status of the drivers door for the determination of driver presents

The problem being I have change the drives door latch twice

The live data shows that the drivers door is always closed even when the door is open. All other door open and close as should. Weird as it’s showing door open on the main screen of the car but live data shows permanent closed.

I have also changed the drivers door module part number 9659997680 located in the passenger door with no change

Took it to Citroen dealer and they didn’t want to get involved

Any help or advise to look next would be much appreciated please :)

Thank you
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: C4 grand Picasso door fault

Unread post by RichardW »

Have you checked for broken wires between the door and car?
Richard W
Ryanoneil11

Yes all looks good there
Ahealya

Unread post by Ahealya »

Hello Ryan,
I have the same problem. How did you sort yours. I didn't find the module in the passengers door I took out glove compartment I can't find at all. Any ideas where I should look. Thanks Alan
Ryanoneil11

Hello
Still haven’t found the fault
The door control module is in the passenger door at the top once you take the door casing off.
What problems are you having ?
Ryanoneil11

Just can’t find the fault changed all sort check many wires been through all the wiring diagrams spent hours on this problem with no luck I have just ready something to check relay 1 so that’s the next step for me. Did you get any where with this ?
Wishdoctor
Donor 2024

Unread post by Wishdoctor »

Hi Ryan,
We have the same problem. C4 Grand Picasso exclusive, 2l Diesel 2015.
I took the car to Citroen and paid for the diagnosis and they said it was both front door locking mechanisms at fault. They wanted about a grand to fix so I thanked them and bought "new" ones (driver's door is brand new but passenger was from a breaker's).
I replaced them both yesterday and guess what, still the same problem.
Wiring seems OK, I haven't traced it as much as you seem to have done but quick continuity tests seem good and I didn't spot any earthing.
I am wondering whether there is a common control unit for the 2 front doors somewhere. I am going to try to find a full harness diagram to dig a bit.
As you say, this prevents the auto handbrake and the anti-rollback which means you are riding the clutch more than you should. Also the start/stop, park assist, seatbelt sensors and the car constantly registers open doors and service needed.
Maybe team up on this one?

Nigel
Wishdoctor
Donor 2024

To the people who can.....
Please could I get a wiring diagram - if the question needs to be more focussed, for the front door locking/control/management systems described in my above post. (both front doors think they are open - sensors not sensing, and the passenger door handle isn't allowing keyless entry)

VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] - MkII C4 Grand Picasso exclusive 2L Diesel BlueHDI 2015

many thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Lucky I have this one - just.

Some of the equipment probably won't be on the list, but may help:

With the exception of the wiring codes, most of the component codes are indexed here:

PSA Electrical Diagrams - Wiring & Symbols Codes Index

This is for the Hands Free Access & Starting

Central Locking

1032 : electrical supplies protection and management unit
6220 : door locking switch

6202 : front left-hand door lock assembly
6207 : front right-hand door lock assembly
6265 : fuel filler flap lock motor
6282 : boot opening switch

6212 : rear left-hand door lock assembly
6712 : differential locking opening sensor (rear)
6222 : boot lock assembly
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Wishdoctor
Donor 2024

Thank you so much for this Marc,

Looking through this and the components list, it looks as though there must be a separate diagram for the door open switches which are:
6200: Front Left-Hand Door Open Switch
6205: Front Right-Hand Door Open Switch
The two of those must route somewhere that is common to them only and not to any other door open sensors/controls as the other doors don't have the issue. (It is also not a problem with the central locking as this works (once the car has got over the hissy that doors are open))
Allegedly, the door open switches are not seemingly separate from the locking mechanisms which I have replaced(6202 passenger p/n 9810310580 from ebay and 6207 drivers p/n 9810310480 from Citroen) but are not shown on this diagram. The fact that there are 7 wires coming out of the locking mechanism seems to bear this out as in the central locking diagram, it only shows 5.
In your PSA Electrical Diagrams Coding of Functions, the code 62 refers to Central locking and it looks like, from this, like the door information one is code 49. I'm also hoping to see how the door control module ECU (p/n9659997680) ties in with this circuit as Ryan alluded to in a previous post. The Driver's door harness is apparently 60 Р/С: Driver's Door Harness and the passenger door, 65 P/P: Front Passenger Door Harness.
Just in case I have been totally misinformed (By Citroen) do you have an installation diagram for the 2 front doors so that I can see whether there is some clever form of door open sensor separate to the locking mechanism?

Would you have the diagram that shows these?

Thanks again... Wow!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Ignore the components not specifically on the diagram, as the components tables are generic for all vehicles and wont apply necessarily to this vehicle.

The lock is classified as an 'assembly' and as an example here is one for the left hand side (6202) from the diagram above:

Marc
Ryanoneil11

Hello both of you, sorry i wasn't logged in and missed these new posts.

We are definitely having the same problems to the tee. Im no closer to fixing this I'm guessing you have no luck, Im going to have a look at these diagrams you have kindly sent over this week and see if I can make any new discoveries.

This problem is really getting to me as i love a solution but just can't find it.

Im not sure if i can message you my phone number privately to go through our progress together

I did change the passenger door module you described above but with no luck but there only cheap off ebay and who's to say my one was working :/ also had a look for that relay i mentioned but didn't find its location as yet.

I will keep this tab open from now to keep refreshing :)
Ryanoneil11

By any chance have you ever had problem / does your LED indicator lights work on the drivers side mirror ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Any problem with the wiring into the door aperture can cause issues with locking, windows, mirrors and all sub-functions of these devices as there are multiple wiring connections.

Marc
Wishdoctor
Donor 2024

Hi Ryan.
Using the wiring diagrams from Marc, I'm still no closer either. I haven't had any indicator problems that I have noticed.

Mark, generally I would agree with you but in this case, my logic tells me it seems to be the 2 front doors that have the same issue which is why I am trying to figure out the point they become common but before they link up with the overall door management systems....so it is a case of where they are unique to the rest of the doors but not to each other.

I know that the wiring sleeves that retain and protect the wires through the doors are not the greatest as the one in the boot has already split.

I think my next thing is to try to replace the door control module in the passenger door. It is listed as an ECU though so I have a concern that it may need to be programmed to - or have the rest of the system programmed to accept it..