supercharged xm ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chopper666
My Cars:

supercharged xm ?

Post by chopper666 »

Has any one seen the electronic supercharger kits currently up for sale on ebay?
Sorry dont know how to post link but if you look in performance parts & tuning under automotive & put in supercharger youll see what i mean!
What to poeple think?
theres on ebay which is supercharger + induction kit,
would it be worth fitting one to my 92 xm 2 ltr injection, yes increased performance would be a bonus, but it also claims to reduce fuel costs by 10%.
are these a waste of time & money, or potentially damaging to my engine?
thanks all[8]
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

If it was able to meet those claims the factory would fit them to every car they produce in order to reduce consumption and increase power....
Sounds like BS to me[:I]
seeya,
Shane L.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

They are a proverbial waste of money. As Shane says, if they were that good, they'd be fitted on all new cars!
Manufacturers do like fitting forced induction; ever wondered why they use either a turbo or supercharger instead? They work! Even the low-pressure types (a la Citroen 2.0 turbo, also Saab) where you're only using a pew psi boost are still an actual turbocharger.
Spend the money on the petrol instead, or even a bottle of injector cleaner - better value for money.
I like the one subtitle "Not a cheap axial plastic fan" - nope..it's an expensive one! Good for volume, but no good for pressure. If anything, they're more likely to upset the ECU!