Hands Free Mic issue?

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

BIG G 1979

Hands Free Mic issue?

Post by BIG G 1979 »

Hi Guys recently bought my 2012 DS5 1.6 Ehdi since collecting it i have tried to sort out the hands free kit. my phone syncs to the system with no issues and i can stream music and make calls etc only issue is that the other person cannot hear me at all! I can hear them etc but they cant hear me. I have contacted the previous owner (elderly lady) who states she had no issues with it albeit she had to get a nephew to set the phone up on the car for her. to date i have tried the following...
1. made sure that the mic in over head panel is plugged in
2. performed a BSI reset
3. performed a hard reset (disconnected battery for a few hours)
4. purchased a second hand mic from ebay to try (whats the chances of this being faulty too? anyway of testing off the car?)

none of the above have help my issue - system is on current/latest firmware.

starting to pull my hair out (whats left) really need this to work for calls on the move.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Hands Free Mic issue?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Try completely removing the phone from the head unit AND deleting the pairing from the smartphone.

Then try re-pairing the phone and ensuring you select the correct Bluetooth profiles from those shown, and allow permissions from the phone.

Failing this it may be an issue with the phone compatibility. What phone (Make, model and operating system is it), and pop the VIN up so I can see what head unit you have. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
BIG G 1979

Post by BIG G 1979 »

Hi thanks for the reply sorry I should have stated that I have performed a delete and resync phone to car a few times. My vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I think the radio is a RT6? Latest firmware installed 2.86

Current phone is Google pixel 6a although I have tried my wife's iPhone 11 with same issues
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so yes, you have the RT6 on the latest firmware.

I've just checked phone compatibility with DS5 and although this is not definitive, but only a guide of systems guaranteed to work with the RT6, neither the iPhone 11 or the Google Pixel are listed.

The latest compatible iPhone is the 8+ and the iPhone SE, and no models from Google.

These later phones will of course be using later Bluetooth hardware and profiles than are installed in the head unit, so this may cause some issues.

If you can get your hands on an earlier compatible phone for testing purposes like on of the older models (any iPhone earlier than the SE or 8+), it may rule this in or out as the cause if any of those connect. It's not unknown for later phones to work without issues on older Head Units, but just to point out it's not guaranteed.

Of course there could also be a fault in the RT6 unit with the Bluetooth module...

Marc
BIG G 1979

Post by BIG G 1979 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 18:39 Ok, so yes, you have the RT6 on the latest firmware.

I've just checked phone compatibility with DS5 and although this is not definitive, but only a guide of systems guaranteed to work with the RT6, neither the iPhone 11 or the Google Pixel are listed.

The latest compatible iPhone is the 8+ and the iPhone SE, and no models from Google.

These later phones will of course be using later Bluetooth hardware and profiles than are installed in the head unit, so this may cause some issues.

If you can get your hands on an earlier compatible phone for testing purposes like on of the older models (any iPhone earlier than the SE or 8+), it may rule this in or out as the cause if any of those connect. It's not unknown for later phones to work without issues on older Head Units, but just to point out it's not guaranteed.

Of course there could also be a fault in the RT6 unit with the Bluetooth module...
Thanks for this much appreciated I'll see if I can get a hold of an older phone and try that - do you have a list of compatible phones you can share?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Too many to list, but as mentioned iPhones from 4S to SE
Samsung A3 (2016) A310F to Galaxy S7 G930F and the Galaxy Xcover 3 G388F

And others like the Microsoft Lumiere, Nokia, LG, Motorola - but as to specific models I really need you to give me a brand and model as it's easier for me to check.

Marc
BIG G 1979

Post by BIG G 1979 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 19:08 Too many to list, but as mentioned iPhones from 4S to SE
Samsung A3 (2016) A310F to Galaxy S7 G930F and the Galaxy Xcover 3 G388F

And others like the Microsoft Lumiere, Nokia, LG, Motorola - but as to specific models I really need you to give me a brand and model as it's easier for me to check.
Ok understood thanks I'll see if anyone in work has something older