Adjust center of rear view camera

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chrgdk
Donor 2024

Adjust center of rear view camera

Post by Chrgdk »

In the pictures the tow hook is seen "off-centered".
Is it possible to adjust the center of the picture? if yes - how?

The camera is retrofitted.
Attachments
camphoto_684387517.jpg
IMG_3015 (1).jpg
IMG_3014 (1).jpg
IMG_2905 (1).jpg
IMG_2882.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Adjust center of rear view camera

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

The camera is supposed to be calibrated with the software in Diagbox to calibrate it using parking bay lines (and a lot of specific conditions). Remember the camera is not itself centred, but off to the left as you look at it from behind. I would ignore the towing hitch as that's not important - but ensuring the camera is programmed correctly is.

This is something the dealer would probably need to do.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Chrgdk
Donor 2024

Post by Chrgdk »

Would this set do the job?
Attachments
IMG_3350.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's the newer interface Easy diags are selling - you buy the base hardware then purchase the marques that you want , which are lifetime licences.

It's not so much the interface, but whether it classifies calibration as programming - which if it does, you'll need a PSA account and token purchase to use I suspect.

But this won't solve your problem - as it's not a problem - only your perception of a problem. The camera is designed to be calibrated at it's correct position on the vehicle. You need to forget about the towbar not being centre!

Leave it as it is. The camera is calibrated properly as it is. If you go in and change things you will have uncalibrated it and it won't work properly. Believe me there's nothing wrong. My own factory-fitted camera is fitted to the left of my tailgate and I have self-parking and that's the way it's supposed to be. If I fitted a towbar, mine would show it probably being off to one side too.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc