What price to ask? (besides Parkers)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

debutant
My Cars:

What price to ask? (besides Parkers)

Post by debutant »

Hi everyone!
I am going to sell my car due to a new job with company car (unfortunately I am not allowed to choose Citroen, but are restricted to some other standard company cars choices). Anyway, here are the car details and I would appreciate your opinions!
Xantia Desire (all the electronic stuff on board), 1997 (R reg), 112k miles
Good points:
- Full CSH up to 99k miles (all major work done on time)
- new rear disks 10k miles ago
- spheres replaced 15k miles ago (besides the accumulator shpere)
- new exhaust and cat 20k miles ago
- dreaded clutch clip replaced 2 months ago by the stronger version!
Bad points:
- think the accumulator sphere needs replacement
- tyres need replacement after approx. 2k miles
- 2 cigarette burns in the front seats (one on each side, not my fault!)
- car is overdue for its service (108k miles, didn't do it because of the new company car and the extreme prices at the CIT garage!)
I'll place the car on the wanted/sale part of this forum soon aswell, but I need some advice on the reasonable price.
By the way, if anybody offers £1,000 it is sold straight away! Buyer collects in Luton, Bedfordshire (willing to deliver within reasonable distance).
Thanks for all the help on this forum with my beloved Citroen, which I will miss. Unfortunately a company car is a far more cheaper option to me and I have to watch my wallet [:I]
Thanks,
John
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try looking in the auto t***er around here the local Citroen dealer is selling an 'T' reg Xantia 1.9td up for nearly £4000. But a las at work has bought an 'N' 1.6 for only £1800 with all the usual bits. Bit of a mish mosh on the prices really.
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

Cheers Stuart! Thought it would be like this .... Hope the forum members will help me out when I place it on the "for sale" part of the forum [^] At least they know the real value and meaning of Citroen [:X]
Thanks,
John