Hi
I've come across a company offering a re- programming of the ECU which does not disable the Adblue system, but stops the car being affected by error messages, count down, going in to limp mode etc... It is claimed that it is a legal way to solve the issue of a faulty system. Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm not interested in the illegal adblue delete that can be done.
https://ecuflash.co/adblue-removal/
Adblue reprogramming legal option
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
Sorry, but that is still illegal IMO as it it tampering with the emissions system that is in place to a) provide warnings that something is not right with the system, but also b) that if the countdown is prevented, then how are you supposed to know if the adblue tank minimum level has been reached, that will result in further damage I suspect if not topped up and c) preventing vehicle starting is an EU requirement which will be bypassed and therefore is in contravention of the regulations for the system.
So these people will try anything to extract £s from you and often talk BS to make money, now that people are realising it is illegal to have the system removed on public road-using vehicles. Have the system properly looked at and fixed.
The Forum doesn't condone any intervention / crippling of safety or emissions systems and no advice to do so is not permitted
As your vehicle will have been certificated to meet the legislations in force at the time, any negative intervention in this regard will void that certification and therefore your vehicle won't meet those standards and can be deemed illegally on the road and that of course can affect / void insurance unless you tell them - which they are not likely to provide cover for, being that the intervention is illegal as mentioned.AdBlue restricts the amount of harmful emissions from your engine. Emission legislation allows only little amounts of NOx. If you surpass this limit when running without AdBlue™, you may be running illegally.
Note: Legislation will not let you start your engine without AdBlue
If you run out of AdBlue, your vehicle will not re-start after you turn off the engine – this is a condition of the EU6 emissions legislation and applies to all types of vehicles.
So these people will try anything to extract £s from you and often talk BS to make money, now that people are realising it is illegal to have the system removed on public road-using vehicles. Have the system properly looked at and fixed.
The Forum doesn't condone any intervention / crippling of safety or emissions systems and no advice to do so is not permitted
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
wheeler
- Posts: 7927
- Joined: 21 Sep 2002, 19:07
- x 1056
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
Sounds a bit sketchy, i'm guessing all they are doing is mapping the ECU to ignore & block all fault codes relating to the SCR system, the system may still work but if it did stop working you would have no idea that it has stopped working as if the system is not working it wont display any errors. I suppose you would realise when you aint had to top up the adblue in 20,000 miles.
-
Arduer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 07 Apr 2024, 21:49
- x 1
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
I didn't. I got Citroen to cover the cost of replacing the bits of system that were causing issues and then sold the car. I didn't believe that I wouldn't have similar issues in the future. I will never by a Citroen again and definitely not a car with adblue.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
That will be hard to do with a diesel for anything circa 2015 onwards as they are mostly all fitted from this year on to meed EURO REGS required now..... even newer petrol cars have a Particle filter now.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Arduer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 07 Apr 2024, 21:49
- x 1
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
I managed to get hold of a 2015 VW Passat 2.0TDi, with only 30k miles on the clock, from a main dealer. It was the last of the VW Diesel engines without Adblue. It causes me such a headache and about £8k lost in trading in the Citroen that i couldn't face it happening again.
Hopefully it will last me the next decade or so. My other car is a 2011 1.6TDi Golf with 180k miles on it so far. It's been a great car.
Hopefully it will last me the next decade or so. My other car is a 2011 1.6TDi Golf with 180k miles on it so far. It's been a great car.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
well done ...look after it 
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9330
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
If it's without Adblue then it surely will be Euro 5 at best? You'll have to be careful about the various ULEZ zones around the country.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Arduer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 07 Apr 2024, 21:49
- x 1
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
It's Euro 6.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
Yes, some manufacturers had Euro 6 compliant vehicles as they used other methods to reduce NOx like the EGR (which PSA already use in addition), but this can only go so far, with more stringent reductions required for Euro 6.1 and later implementations.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9330
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1940
Re: Adblue reprogramming legal option
Interesting. Did PSA have any Euro 6 vehicles without Adblue?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson