Xantia S2 Wiring Diagrams

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Xantia S2 Wiring Diagrams

Post by Rhothgar »

Morning Marc,

I'm losing the will to live trying to trace down wiring with the 12.11 Diagrams I have for RPO 8001 on.

My S2 is 8744 and I see that you had/have a C5 Mk1 with the same engine. Would you mind dragging me up the three diagrams for the ignition / injection on that car of yours please?

I have a splice in the engine bay which has an orange wire, a blue and two whites from memory (only looked at it 12 hours ago...) which doesn't appear in any diagram for any system in the splices management section of my manuals.

There clearly must be a later manual that covers RPO 8744 but I'm afraid no-one has a copy.

Mine was registered on 28/11/2000. Maybe your C5 was much later. It really doesn't matter as I'm really losing the will to live with this car. Just bought a new Air Mass Meter and it didn't remedy the readings the ECU is seeing.

Maybe another member springs to mind that you know that might have an RHZ engined Citroen (or Peugeot) for which you could maybe look up their VIN and provide the ignition/injection diagrams for their car as it might be nearer to mine. Obviously, I've no clue what year your C5 Mark 1 was. It might be appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 20 Apr 2024, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved out of parts thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia S2 Wiring Diagrams

Post by GiveMeABreak »

These are the diagrams from my DW10ATED C5 Mk I. However there are 2 possible sets of diagrams, so I am including both. This is for a Bosch Assembly.

Injection Set A

Layout

Diagram

Injection Set B

Layout

Diagram

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

Thanks very much, Marc.

I forgot the later ECU was a 3 plug for the Bosch system.

Either way, there is still no wire colour combination I described at any splice on there.

Apologies for putting you to unnecessary trouble. Have a great weekend.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Colour has no relevance with Citroen wires/looms.....the "Wire Number" is what matters...it is printed on the wires and those numbers are what to follow on the diagrams in the boxes at each end of the line
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

Thanks Alasdair. Hope everything is OK.

With eyesight then I am technically fubarred rhen.

Trying to get comms at ECU it’s all VERY sketchy.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Rhothgar wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:31 Thanks Alasdair. Hope everything is OK.

With eyesight then I am technically fubarred rhen.

Trying to get comms at ECU it’s all VERY sketchy.
Take photo's of the wires and zoom in to read the codes Roger.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

or some cheap 5x specks from Tesco etc for the few secs you need them....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

For a late Xantia, the wiring diagrams may be available online from the Citroen service web site (for payment). It was around this time that they changed from distribution of paper diagrams.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I know they never updated them in 2014 - 14 years after end of production, so I doubt they would of retrospectively created these from scratch, but I may be wrong of course.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 09:31 I know they never updated them in 2014 - 14 years after end of production, so I doubt they would of retrospectively created these from scratch, but I may be wrong of course.
I very much doubt you’re wrong.

Thanks all.

Might just remove dash and take look out.

Knowing my luck I’ll do that and then the matrix will go when it’s all back together… 🤣
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Rhothgar wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 08:04
I have a splice in the engine bay which has an orange wire, a blue and two whites from memory (only looked at it 12 hours ago...) which doesn't appear in any diagram for any system in the splices management section of my manuals.
Where exactly is the splice?
The reason it may not be on the diagrams is that although its in the engine bay it may not have any relation to the engine management system, could be off the charging system or for lights, wipers, cooling fans etc.
Best to try getting some codes off the wires & it should be easier to ID.
Is this the same diagram you have below? this is the one that comes up for RP no 8744.
Attachments
xantia.jpg
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

wheeler wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 14:29
Rhothgar wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 08:04
Where exactly is the splice?
The reason it may not be on the diagrams is that although its in the engine bay it may not have any relation to the engine management system, could be off the charging system or for lights, wipers, cooling fans etc.
Best to try getting some codes off the wires & it should be easier to ID.
Is this the same diagram you have below? this is the one that comes up for RP no 8744.
I'd need to check my manual. If there is no other manual after September 1998 then it will be the same as mine. I am just assuming that there is a later iteration of the manual.

I checked all the splice management pages and couldn't find it. It's in 20 MOT.