Xantia General Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Xantia General Issues

Unread post by Rhothgar »

Afternoon Marc,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for this information as I am not specifically asking for any part numbers. If necessary, please feel free to move this to my new blog and request pictures of the above if the above doesn't make sense to you. I have used the correct terminology as per the resources but sometimes it's easier to actually see these things as a picture paints a thousand words.

I'm delving into the fault I have on X435 JGJ and have come to the conclusion that the anomalies I am seeing in the wiring diagrams I have is perhaps because the manuals are perhaps for an earlier RHZ engine.

In the resources "PSA Electrical Diagrams - List of Components B001 to 2215", the component coding mentions 3 butterflies, component number 1262, 1263 and 1267. I reckon X435 either has a 1263 or a 1267 component by the throttle position sensor.

So the Schematic Diagram I have 12.11 shows 1233 (Turbocharger Pressure Regulation Solenoid Valve) and 1253 (All Or Nothing Solenoid Valve (Egr).) whereas on the Installation Diagram it shows 1233 and 1244 (Egr Proportional Solenoid Valve) and there is no 1262, 1263 or 1267 or any of the diagrams I have.

The Wiring Diagram shows 1233 and 1244 and 1261 (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor). There is NO sign of a 1262 (Motorised Butterfly), 1263 (Egr + Butterfly Solenoid Valve) or 1267 (Diesel Butterfly Solenoid Valve (Air Intake))whichever one my car has.

Are you able to delve into the system and find the correct diagrams for X435 please?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 09 Apr 2024, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MOved out of Parts Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia General Issues

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Moved this into a new thread Roger - I'll take a look at it shortly, after I've responded to a few more issues that need attention.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 18:24 Moved this into a new thread Roger - I'll take a look at it shortly, after I've responded to a few more issues that need attention.
No problem. Many thanks.

Just sitting down with my manuals now. Unfortunately the front covers are now missing so I do not know what RPO they start from. I have a feeling that they are 8001 on.

I do have the June 1999 Diesel Engine Manual and that is RPO 8211 onwards so I think X435 is higher than that therefore perhaps the wiring diagrams I have been referring to for years are not 100% accurate in all content. :oops:

I wonder why the Diesel Engine manual states, "It is forbidden to clean the carbon deposits from the diesel injector nose"?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Probably because it will risk getting the injector contaminated with the debris - given how small the injector nozzle is and this can affect the spray pattern / output, for which the injector is specifically calibrated for. It's like an old car that hasn't had the oil changed regularly and all the deposits and sludge build up - then one decides to give it an oil change and ends up disturbing and churning all the crap up....

I'll have to leave your earlier post for tomorrow, as I'm cream crackered now and will be calling it a night Roger. :wink:

Marc
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 23:21 Probably because it will risk getting the injector contaminated with the debris - given how small the injector nozzle is and this can affect the spray pattern / output, for which the injector is specifically calibrated for. It's like an old car that hasn't had the oil changed regularly and all the deposits and sludge build up - then one decides to give it an oil change and ends up disturbing and churning all the crap up....

I'll have to leave your earlier post for tomorrow, as I'm cream crackered now and will be calling it a night Roger. :wink:
I know that feeling and I'm still up. Got to drag myself away from the PC too.

Rather than me posting a parts request. When you look into this, would you searching "1628JZ" on the forum and it will come up with your response from August 2023 for the EGR valve and seal. Could I have the specs or availability and cost of pipes 10 and 22 on that diagram please? I think the pipes are probably the same internal diameter in which case I'll just buy the relevant hose diameter maybe but if cheap enough from Citroen :lol: and available :lol: I might just buy the pipe from them. I reckon it's 4 mm internal diameter but I didn't want to order some tonight and it turn out to be 5 or 6 mm!!

Anyway, hope you got a good night's sleep! I'm off now and I've been yawning all afternoon (as in yesterday, Tuesday).
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

The following (16) shows the Accelerator Position Sensor (which is attached and hard to see)
roth acce pedal posistion sensor.png
There's no throttle butterfly - it's all electronic as far as I can see. 1244 is probably an error on the installation diagram.

Here's the components and I've marked the relevant ones in Red:
Roth Injection Circuit Diagram.png
ReferenceDesignationPart number in the electrical diagrams
1Turbocharger---
2Turbocharger regulation valve---
3Exhaust gas recycling valve (EGR)---
4aAdditional heating provided by heating elements (*)1190
4bAdditional heating provided by a heater , Located in the front L.H. wheel arch (*)---
5Delivery pump---
6Oil temperature and level sensor (LH side, behind the turbocharger)4100
7vacuum pump---
8Accelerator pedal position sensor1261
9Hydraulic clutch control reservoir---
10Air flow meter (incorporates the air temperature sensor)1310
11Pre-post heat box1150
12Coolant outlet housing---
13Fuel heater---
14engine coolant temperature sensor (gauge in the instrument panel + information to the engine ECU)1220
15Diesel injectors1331 - 1332 - 1333 - 1334
16Fuel high pressure common injection rail---
17High pressure fuel sensor1321
18Fuel temperature sensor1221
19Air/air heat exchanger---
20Inlet manifold pressure sensor1312
21Fuel filter---
22Bleed screw(s)---
23Oil pressure sensor (above the oil cartridge)4110
24Engine ECU1320
25Atmospheric pressure sensor (integrated in the injection ECU)---
26High pressure fuel pump---
27High pressure fuel regulator1322
283rd piston deactivator on the high pressure fuel pump1277
29Recycling regulation electrovalve (EGR)1253
30Turbocharging pressure regulation solenoid valve1233
31Inertia switch1203
32Camshaft position sensor1115

Marc
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 12:31 The following (16) shows the Accelerator Position Sensor (which is attached and hard to see)

There's no throttle butterfly - it's all electronic as far as I can see. 1244 is probably an error on the installation diagram.

Here's the components and I've marked the relevant ones in Red:
12.11 matches mine exactly as document number is D3AP97FR but it is missing the solenoid valve for the butterfly also,

The rest just doesn't make sense. Like my documentation too ie it is missing the vacuum operated butterfly.

Most bizarre!

Are you sitting comfortably?
IMG_0198.jpg
It may be that your documentation only relates to RPO8001 on and there is no definitive diagram for my car. For a moment, I wondered if mine was actually a 90bhp but it cannot be as it has RHZ in the VIN!

I actually went through all 8 pages of the index last night to see if the butterfly throttle and its solenoid are tucked away in something other than Injection-Ignition 12 series pages but again it cannot be as the part number 1262, 1263 or 1267 are all 12 series components!

Is it possible for you to search within an image for either 1262, 1263 or 1267.

12.10 is for an RHZ without air conditioning but mine has air con so 12.11 should be correct.

I am beginning to wonder if there was a supplementary info rapid document with corrections as I've even looked in to Wiring Harness Tables as this solenoid is part of 20 MOT DW10 (RHZ) table. 1233 and 1253 are noted in there but no sign of any other solenoid. It's totally bonkers!!!

Just a thought! Is this a diagram for the induction pipework and inlet manifold. It might be on there? That's all I can think of. Still doesn't explain why it's not in the diagrams.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

I can't I'm afraid and haven't had my Series II 110 for donkeys so can only rely on the info I have.

Marc
darbuck
Donor 2024

Unread post by darbuck »

Hi Roger, maybe try and get the same info for a mark1 C5 they have the 90 and 110 rhz engine.the only difference I think was the size of the turbo. This might give some better direction for you.
Darren