Is it possible?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

Is it possible?

Post by oscarloco »

I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension of my ZX and I wonder if its possible to swap the springs and shock absorbers of my car with the ones that come with the 16V version. I know he 16V has stiffer suspension but I want to know if it can be done.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Front is easy - you'll have to look at a parts list to see if the shock absorbers are different. How difficult will depend on version as for example there are 2 types of drop link used.
I think you'll find the rear is much more difficult and probably easiest to change the whole subframe over.
jeremy
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yes, the Zx 16v uses different front dampers and springs to other models, they can be swapped.
At the back, your best bet would be the complete rear axle from the 16 valve which has a lower ride height, thicker anti roll bar and different torsion bar settings, the rear beam is a a fairly simple swop, you should allow for 4 new sunframe mounts, and also for the different disc type handbrake cables if your car has rear drums. You will also need to look at the rear brakes pipes as the Volcane/16v have a different arrangment including inline brake compensator.
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Ok, Thanks a lot guys.