Stereo Head Unit Radio CD Player AUX Media SATNAV 98083777XT-00

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

RaSeti

Stereo Head Unit Radio CD Player AUX Media SATNAV 98083777XT-00

Post by RaSeti »

Hi, I have a 2015 Ds3 1.6 BlueHDi DSport with satnav, reversing camera, etc. A while ago my radio/multimedia screen stopped working and the radio started making a noise (like it's trying to eject a cd or something every 10 seconds) I can't turn on the radio, can't hear any sound or see anything on the screen. I was looking for used radios of the same model but the vast majority of the ones I see have different connections (fewer). Does anyone know if one of the simpler units would work in my car? (even if it would probably need to be coded).

The exact reference for the current unit is 98083777XT-00

The ones that keep appearing are 96661984XT (the front is the same but it has a SD card reader)
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 01 Apr 2024, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RT6 Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Stereo Head Unit Radio CD Player AUX Media SATNAV 98083777XT-00

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, these are totally different units. The ones without the SD card Slot at the front is an eMyWay or RT6 Unit by Magneti Marelli. The ones with an SD card slot are the MyWay RNEG units by Harman Becker.

They are similar in appearance but the RT6 is the later unit. You can't just swap them, as the RT6 outputs High Resolution and the MyWay uses lower resolution screens.

Also you need to match your original Head unit with the same part number at the rear, because there are different hardware versions of the RT6, meaning that not all RT6 units support reversing camera features!

Your RT6 is probably suffering from Flash Memory failure (internally). See this thread about replacing it which may help:
How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RaSeti

Post by RaSeti »

Thanks for the info, have a few follow-up questions if you don't mind.

My screen is all black, can the backup still be done using Mirascripts?

Is the SD card the origin of the problem and I always have to install a new one or is it possible to update firmware on the existing one?

Instead of the CD with 2.86B can a bootable pen be used instead? (I found a ISO image that can be converted to the bootable pen in this forum: https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/h ... t6.213202/)

Thanks again for all the help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

RaSeti wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 16:45 Thanks for the info, have a few follow-up questions if you don't mind.
My screen is all black, can the backup still be done using Mirascripts?
Not really, as you won't be able to see the display and answer the prompts. If your screen is blank, it's likely too late for this as the internal MicoSD card has probably failed, because flash memory has a limited number of write cycles.
Is the SD card the origin of the problem and I always have to install a new one or is it possible to update firmware on the existing one?
See above, but most of these issues are flash memory card related - but there can be problems with the main board too. If you had noticed this earlier when it started becoming problematic, you may have been able to take a backup of the user files at that time and tried a new Micro SD card, then reinstalled the firmware to recreate the partitions and operating system whilst the screen was still working. Trying to update the firmware now will likely make no difference if the flash memory card is / has failed and again because you won't see the instructions / prompts on screen.
Instead of the CD with 2.86B can a bootable pen be used instead? (I found a ISO image that can be converted to the bootable pen in this forum: https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/h ... t6.213202/)
The 2.86b Firmware can be installed using a CD (although not recommended in all cases, because with a failed operating system, you may not be able to eject the CD. The firmware can be updated via USB.

Marc
Gavinj87

Post by Gavinj87 »

I have just done this to the wife's car with the same issue.
The screen was black so I couldn't make a backup prior to changing the SD card but when I started the flash of the new software the screen came back to life.
All works well now except the mileage which is still in km ( I'm working on changing this).
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, great, so a positive outcome for you, thanks for chipping in with this as with your case it gives hope to others with a blank screen. Maybe you caught it in time! :)

Marc