Usb greyed out

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mackielily
New User

Usb greyed out

Post by mackielily »

So I'm trying to connect my phone for sat nav in my 5008 but get the message connect a usb which I have done but no response, the lead is new and starts to charge but when I press the sat nav button it has the same message. The usb option remains greyed out. I have read through the forums and seem to have the correct version mine having the letter D. Can anyone help me with what I need to do. Currently using a Google pixel 7 pro with Google maps. Pics of software added. Any help will be appreciated
Attachments
PXL_20240331_194519746.jpg
PXL_20240331_194526244.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Usb greyed out

Post by GiveMeABreak »

When you say you are pressing the Sat Nav button - what do you mean? The Sat Nav button on the Vehicle Head Unit Screen Surround? Your firmware indicates you have an RCC system, so the 'hard' Sat Nav button won't work if you don't have the NAC (Connected Navigation) system.

In order to use your smart phone's apps, you'll need Android Auto or CarPlay connected via USB, then press the 'hard' button on the right side of the Head Unit screen surround.

Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff, so I can see what exactly you have and whether there are any updates you are missing.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc