Unknown rubber pipe on C4 Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cogitosus

Unknown rubber pipe on C4 Picasso

Post by Cogitosus »

Hi folks,

I have just noticed this stray rubber pipe under the bonnet of my 2010 C4 Grand Picasso. It's the 1.6 diesel VTR+ version with the 5-speed manual box. The pipe
Loose pipe on Picasso.jpg
seems to originate in that crowded area under the air filter and it is firmly attached at that end, but there's at least a foot of loose pipe dangling down. It's rubber and quite thin, with a bore in the range 4-6mm I would estimate.

I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me what it is and where the free end should go.

Thanks.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: Unknown rubber pipe on C4 Picasso

Post by RichardW »

It looks a bit like the vac hose that should be connected to the turbo. Does it have vacuum on it when the engine is running? Is there a pipe attached to the spigot on the the turbo actuator - I would expect running issues if there isn't, so could be wrong! It might be the water drain line from the diesel filter, but it does look like the end is swaged out where it has been on a fitting.
Richard W
Cogitosus

Post by Cogitosus »

Thanks Richard
I checked and there is vacuum on that pipe, although it's not strong enough to make an audible hiss. I think I have found the correct location for the pipe and it's some distance below the turbo, so I don't know if it is for the turbo actuator
Loose pipe on Picasso 2.jpg
The pipe is not splayed at the end and it is neither torn, nor brittle, but it does fit neatly on the barb I found.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Think that's the bleed nipple for the clutch so it doesn't go there....!
Richard W
Cogitosus

Post by Cogitosus »

Whoops! Thanks for letting me know

Shame about that, as it fits beautifully :-D