Rear tire removal on a 2020 CITROEN C3 FEEL PURETECH S/S 83

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ATOJAR

Rear tire removal on a 2020 CITROEN C3 FEEL PURETECH S/S 83

Post by ATOJAR »

I have a 2020 CITROEN C3 FEEL PURETECH S/S, this morning left for work and noticed I had a rear passenger side puncture, went through the standard procedure of removing the nuts and jacking the car up however even with the car fully jacked up off the floor and all four wheel nuts fully removed I am unable to remove the wheel, its seems like the alloy itself is joined to the break drum, is this the case or does the wheel just need tug to remove?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Rear tire removal on a 2020 CITROEN C3 FEEL PURETECH S/S 83

Post by myglaren »

The usual method for this problem is to refit the wheel buts but loosely, a couple of turns from engaging, lower the car and drive in a circle and the wheel should release from the hub with a sharp crack.
You may have to perform clockwise and anti-clockwise circles.
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: Rear tire removal on a 2020 CITROEN C3 FEEL PURETECH S/S 83

Post by PaulC5 »

I have got into the habit when getting a car new to me of asap removing all the alloy wheels and applying a smear of copper grease on the wheel/hub contact areas to avoid the galvanic corrosion that sticks the wheels to the hubs. Doing it on the drive is easier than in an emergency with a puncture. I have not yet tried the driving in a circle method to free them off. I have done it one wheel at a time with the car jacked up at each corner in turn and on axle stands and the wheel bolts just loosened a bit, then if seized, used a block of wood against the lower tyre on the inside and hit it with a 4 lb hammer. With the wheel off any rust/corrosion can be removed with a file before applying the grease and refitting. A smear of copper grease on the wheel bolts also stops them seizing.

I also grease the engine under tray bolts and fasteners which also rust and seize.