Deviation of wheel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andyspain

Deviation of wheel

Post by Andyspain »

Had on My C2 the tracking/alignment done but for some reason when the wheels are off the ground, the wheels turn to the right.

At times the car does stay perfectly straight (in flat road).

Here two short vids:

The guy at the workshop mention that Citroen has to do some coding to fix this?

Was the guy speaking the truth or was he incompetent and didn’t know what to do or say?

Regards Andy
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: Deviation of wheel

Post by Huskyxantia »

Might be worth diagbox being plugged into and a scan running. Not sure if the electronic steering box if fitted may be failing. Id try differnt wheels to see if it does the same , if not then the tires might be worn amd causing the streeing to act the way it is , just a theory .
Husky. :?
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

Possibly the connection between steering angle sensor and rack, the two videos don't show the steering wheel position when the wheel is turned.
My theory is when the car is travelling straight, the car knows this by wheel speed sensors all at the same speed, it corrects the signal between rack and wheels, whereas, when on the ramp it does not get this corrective signal. Perhaps could be as simple as not having the ignition not turned on!
As previously stated, you need a diagnostic session, preferably whiles be driven on the road.
Good luck.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

How does it behave on the road? Pulling to same direction?

If no ill effects on road then I'd be tempted to ignore it - perhaps a quirk of the various things described above (wheel angle sensor, some cleverness to do with toad wheel speeds from the ABS sensors, etc)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Sorry, ignore me, have seen second video is on the road (too busy looking at the wheel itself on first viewing!)

That's not normal. I'd say it's steering wheel angle sensor Vs reality (i.e. that position it jumps to, I think the car thinks is straight ahead)