Seat belts beeping occasionly.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Vaszax

Seat belts beeping occasionly.

Post by Vaszax »

Good morning. I have a c4 picasso 2010 model and sometimes while driving the back seat belts start to beep while no one is sitting there. If I turn off the car and turn it back on they stop.This happens sometimes, not very often. Also, some mornings, as soon as I start the engine, the car gives the message "the handbrake has been released" without anything like that happening. Could these be connected to each other and due to a bad battery, since I have several years to change it?
Ludwig9773
(Donor 2021)

Re: Seat belts beeping occasionly.

Post by Ludwig9773 »

I have a 2007 2.7HDI C6. I had similar problem with rear seatbelt alarm. Temp fix was to buckle the belts. Replacing the battery appeared to fix the problem permanently. My car still had the original battery installed! 2007 - 2022 = 15 years. I had never seen a battery last that long. I think strange warnings/alarms are symptoms of low voltage most often due to a tired battery.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A battery really should be replaced at about 5 years service, as its ability to hold a charge is increasingly diminished. So although you can keep charging it, you'll only be charging a smaller percentage of the capacity as time goes on. Modern cars with lots of electronics require a minimum voltage for systems to function and with alarms, tyre pressure monitoring (polls the tyre sensors regularly) and the central locking circuit / hands free taking power all the time, this can soon deplete the small charge remaining in an old battery as it ages.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Vaszax

Post by Vaszax »

Thanks both of you for your answers!