ZX TD VS Volcane TD Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jiff Lemon
My Cars:

ZX TD VS Volcane TD Suspension

Post by Jiff Lemon »

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference apart from stiffer shocks between a standard TD and a volcane TD?
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I think the Volcane is lowered.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

I am not sure if there is any difference in height but the rear torsion bars are larger as is the anti roll bar, about 2mm on both counts.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

im sure the volcane sits bit lower and as dave said about the torsion bars and anti roll bars being larger, giving it stiffer and better handling. also as standard it is fitted with larger road wheels. over the advantage etc(i think!)
Dan
Jon

Post by Jon »

The Volcane has thicker rear anti rollbar and rear torsion bars, and sits lower front and rear, Volcane also has shorter, stiffer rear dampers although front dampers remain the same. Volcane also has 185/60/14 tyres over 175/65/14 on lesser ZX TD's.
Volcane is much the better handling car, my last Volcane was much better than my present Aura in the handling department.
Jiff Lemon
My Cars:

Post by Jiff Lemon »

Front antiroll bar any thicker? Droplinks different lengths?
With the rears, is a torsion bar swap feasible or is a rear axle swap a better (easier) plan?
Found a volcane in the breakers, so just planning what bits I need to buy but until my haynes manual arrives from amazon I've nothing to refer to!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

right,
Droplinks are the same as far as I know.
probablyeasier to change the beam, gotta think that, that spline is what 10 years old? (not sure on the age of your car) been sitting inthere along time so would probably like to stay in there - if ya getting my drift.
Jiff Lemon
My Cars:

Post by Jiff Lemon »

Drift? hehehehe. last time I played with torsion bars was on a 14 year old renault 5.
Our drift was 2 inches thick and it took a whole day with a sledge hammer to get the damn things out!