Citroen nemo sensor/wiring ID

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Penswejan

Citroen nemo sensor/wiring ID

Unread post by Penswejan »

Hi I have a Citroen nemo multispace 2010 ,check engine light has come on ,when checking I’ve noticed some bodged /broken wiring at the back of the engine ,please could someone suggest what the connector/sensor is thanks …see picture attached
Thanks
IMG_7075.png
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen nemo sensor/wiring ID

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

You haven't provided basic information like whether you have a diesel of petrol, but better still your VIN.

It looks like a DV4 Diesel to me, but those cables are part of the engine wiring harness or the injector harness. I suggest you look at the label attached in your image and provide allt he information on it here for confirmation.

There may be some wires not connected to anything which may be intentional. What is the issue and why are you concerned? Are you getting any faults codes? If so which ones. A picture of the wires you are concerned about will help as what you have posted here in the image shows nothing unusual.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Penswejan

Thanks for the advice I’m new here so that’s really helpful .
Citroen nemo 1.4 diesal vin number VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
We have a check engine light come on and upon checking under the bonnet noticed that some wiring that runs into the connector in the picture has come loose and wondered if that’s the problem …getting a code reader today ..so hopefully will be able to identify codes etc .I just wondered what that sensor actually is thanks .
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Ok, so you have a 1.4 HDi 70 as I thought.

The engine management light can mean many things so should not be immediately related to this area - it can mean an emissions fault or some other problem. Be aware that the Nemo is a FIAT in disguise, so may not provide anything other than basic fault codes with a generic OBDII reader. Ideally it needs a proper diagnostic with a professional level tool.

But as I mentioned, I can't see any detail from your photo except the harness. You may want to zoom in a little to identify the area of concern, as I cant see anything missing from the image provided. That harness is one large interconnected harness for the engine wiring, with a separate injector harness, but as requested, the detail on the label will help.

But until you have had it scanned, I wouldn't even start looking at anything at this stage. When you get your codes put them up here.

Marc
Penswejan

Again thanks so much I’ve attached pics of what’s happening in our vehicle in that location,we’ve only had the vehicle since last week ( new to us)
Attachments
IMG_4340.jpeg
IMG_4355.jpeg
IMG_4348.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

That doesn't look good - was it a private sale or from a dealer? If a dealership, take it back ASAP and reject it. It looks like some DIY has been going on there.

If Private sale, not much you can do if bought as seen.

See what the fault codes come up with, but it's going to be near on impossible for us to work out what all that bodgery is unfortunately.

Marc
Penswejan

Thank you ,it was bought through a dealer through auto trader
Penswejan

Do you know what the part /connector is called ?
wheeler

Unread post by wheeler »

Looks like a MAP/boost pressure sensor to me.
Penswejan

Will look that up thanks