Activa ram repair/replacement - XM steering rack return sleeve no longer available?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
djadams
(Donor 2020)

Activa ram repair/replacement - XM steering rack return sleeve no longer available?

Unread post by djadams »

Morning all,
I'd been meaning to sort the weeping ram at the rear of my Xantia Activa pretty much ever since I bought it 12 years ago, but it's finally failed the MOT on it... I had of course bookmarked CitroJim's excellent website "how to" guide, but I didn't have the foresight to buy the XM rack leak-off sleeves to have in stock when they were readily available. I have just phoned my local dealer to be told that the sleeves used in Jim's guide (part number 95 640 212) are no longer available...

Has anyone used anything else successfully? (or does anyone have a good rear ram going spare!?) I think we're down to six taxed Activas now and I don't want it to become five! :cry:
2000 Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT (Danowned Activa :D daily driver)
1968 DS21 Pallas BVH (high days and holidays)
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Re: Activa ram repair/replacement - XM steering rack return sleeve no longer available?

Unread post by Armidillo »

Don't panic... You can't rely on dealers to supply all your needs - take a broader perspective :).

https://www.bxparts.eu/en/xm/461-95-640 ... union.html

https://www.chevronics.co.uk/product/ci ... -95640212/
djadams
(Donor 2020)

Re: Activa ram repair/replacement - XM steering rack return sleeve no longer available?

Unread post by djadams »

Woot! I found the BXParts listing (but that shows them as out of stock...), but I didn't know Chrevronics were re-manufacturing them! Phenomenal.
I'll get onto Chevronics asap, thank you very much for the tip Armidillo!
2000 Xantia Activa 2.0 TCT (Danowned Activa :D daily driver)
1968 DS21 Pallas BVH (high days and holidays)