Citroen e-c4

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
FeFe

Citroen e-c4

Unread post by FeFe »

Hello, I have the following problem:
the car is a citroen e-c4, after a slight accident at the front, there are no open airbags, the car displays a number of errors on the dashboard and does not start.Available for diagnosis are abs, bsi, srs, but not ECU.Аll modules report that they have no communication with ECU and the gearbox.I would appreciate it if someone could help, thanks!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen e-c4

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Get it back to the dealership!

EVs, even with the slightest damage may have impacted the battery system which can be extremely dangerous if the battery has been damaged.

Generic fault code readers will not help you, as the systems on EVs require the latest professional-level diagnostic equipment to read and diagnose these later EV vehicles.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
FeFe

Unread post by FeFe »

to understand all this, rather my question is what breaks on impact? as i said the airbags are not activated, neither are the seat belts.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Doesn't need to be that serious!

The battery cell integrity is essential and any damage or shock to them can be enough. Some people have had stone impact and that has required a new battery pack. All I'm saying is you can't be aware of what, if any damage has occurred internally, so always best to get it properly checked out. There can be damage to the casing or the cooling or no visible external damage. But if you are having electrical issues, then you really do need to get it checked out for safety reasons if nothing else.

This is one reason why insurance companies will right off an EV as the battery packs can make it uneconomical to repair / replace.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
FeFe

Unread post by FeFe »

you are right i agree with that!