Citroen ZX Volcane TD Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

D3m0n
My Cars:

Citroen ZX Volcane TD Questions

Post by D3m0n »

Hiya
Sorry about posting in this forum but i thought the question was relevant
I'm currently looking at putting a Volcane TD engine in my peugeot 306 XLDT car because as far as i was aware peugeot/citroen were the same company (PSA) I'm almost positive it should be a straight in straight out job.
1 > Is this true
2 > Would this be possible
3 > Any problems going to occur
FINAL QUESTION
4 > How the heck did citroen get the extra 38bhp out the engine, i've heard the vocane has 130bhp hence why i want to throw in my car cos it would shift loads i would imagine or is this not true :(
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The extra 38 BHP comes from the use of a 16 valve petrol engine. Volcanes were vaailable as both diesel and petrol. The Citroen version of the 1905 TD engine will produce about the same power as the Peugeot one - 92 BHP and 142 lb ft torque assuming both have intercoolers. Some 205's had the 1.7 diesel with a turbo but no intercooler and produced about 9 BHP less than the same engine in a BX.
Jeremy
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Didn't the volcane petrols only come in 8v 1.9 and later 2.0 models. The 2.0 16v was reserved for the ZX 16V [:D]/ Peugeot S16.
The Volcane TD is around 90 Bhp, the Volcane Petrol is around 130 Bhp.
Thats where your 38 Bhp comes from....a misunderstanding. [:)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

GJB - I'm sure yor're right - i should have left it as petrol rather than being more specific!
jeremy