C4 auto lock/unlock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 auto lock/unlock

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's a dealer job. The BSI is the main master computer in the vehicle controlling most systems in the vehicle, that sends and receives data across all the various vehicle data networks. It has to be done correctly by the dealer as it is done in connected mode to their servers and has to be checked afterwards to ensure it has been correctly applied as it's such an important module.

If it was done OTA you would be able to drive your car :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 16:30 It's a dealer job. The BSI is the main master computer in the vehicle controlling most systems in the vehicle, that sends and receives data across all the various vehicle data networks. It has to be done correctly by the dealer as it is done in connected mode to their servers and has to be checked afterwards to ensure it has been correctly applied as it's such an important module.

If it was done OTA you would be able to drive your car :-D
Thanks Marc :notworthy:
CITROEN C4 1.2 PURETECH C-SERIES EDITION S/S 5DR (2023)
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Apr 2024, 17:50 I just noted when checking something that your C4 needs a BSI software update since 27/03/2024. Ref ML8, so I'd arrange to get this sorted as it may have an impact on vehicle systems.

ML8 - C4 (C41), C4X, DS7 - BSI Software

Update the BSI software.
Just had confirmation from the dealer regarding the BSI software update. Booked it in for 24th April :clap:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

May sort out some other issues.

Marc
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

BSI software updated today. The only thing I noticed was I couldn’t lock or unlock the vehicle using the fob. Proximity lock/unlock worked ok. Quick call to the dealer who talked me through fob re initialisation and all is ok.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Had the BSI update done at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. When I got home the car wouldn’t lock with the fob. Dealer told me how to reinitialise the key, which worked. But I’ve had to reinitialise it twice more since then. I have previously change the fob battery with a Duracell which I had in my “battery drawer”. Not sure how old it is though. Can’t decide whether to buy another battery to try, or get back on to the dealer. :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm still on my original 4 year old fob batteries..... rarely ever have needed to replace one.

Marc
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I don’t remember ever having to replace fob batteries before. :cry:
Serbian
Donor 2024

Post by Serbian »

Hello everyone! From a foreign country, accidentally ran into this forum and I read something useful, but just to confirm if it is correct. So I bought a new Citroën C4 X MAX • BlueHDi 130 EAT8 1.5 (2024) and I use the keyless system for unlocking and locking. The car locks and unlocks itself. That's why I paid.
Alarm not active? This is the first time I read it in the manual and here. So how do I turn on the alarm? Is the complete alarm turned off both outside and inside? If I just leave and the keyless locks car, can someone break the window and not activate the alarm? I don't have the alarm button on the left side like the previous models, the user manuals are not updated. I hope I explained my problem to you. Thank you!
Last edited by Serbian on 29 May 2024, 21:56, edited 2 times in total.
Filip.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Hello. I was told that if I walk away and leave the car to lock, then the alarm will not be set. But I know for a fact that if someone is already in the car when it locks, and they open the door to get out, then the alarm does sound. This also shows that locking in this way does not deadlock the doors.
Last edited by the2ems on 30 May 2024, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Serbian wrote: 29 May 2024, 21:53 Hello everyone! From a foreign country, accidentally ran into this forum and I read something useful, but just to confirm if it is correct. So I bought a new Citroën C4 X MAX • BlueHDi 130 EAT8 1.5 (2024) and I use the keyless system for unlocking and locking. The car locks and unlocks itself. That's why I paid.
Alarm not active? This is the first time I read it in the manual and here. So how do I turn on the alarm? Is the complete alarm turned off both outside and inside? If I just leave and the keyless locks car, can someone break the window and not activate the alarm? I don't have the alarm button on the left side like the previous models, the user manuals are not updated. I hope I explained my problem to you. Thank you!
1) I have removed your duplicate thread on this issue - please don't create multiple posts for the same issue.

2) You should also be aware that alarm systems are country dependent, as they have different legislation in some countries and certain alarm systems are not fitted where this is the case. If you want to know about the alarm for sure, pop your VIN up and I'll check what the situation is with your specific vehicle. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
Serbian
Donor 2024

Post by Serbian »

Marc,

1. I posted the answer here and opened a new topic, for faster response. I don't know how active the members are in entering each topic separately.

2. My VIN: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Every answer about Alarm is important to me, I understand that there are certain specifications by country, but Alarm is the most basic thing, since I took C4X in the most expensive variant, I expected at least ordinary protection (Alarm). There is in the manual.

Thank everyone.
Filip.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Posting multiple times won't get a faster response and will be deleted, sorry, as it causes replication of answers and wastes time.

Back to the issue:

Ok, so having checked, your C4 X is NOT fitted with an anti-theft alarm, as I suspected:
theft.png

Marc
Serbian
Donor 2024

Post by Serbian »

Marc,

1. So what should I do? Should I leave it like that or install an alarm? Is there an option for that? Not to disturb the warranty? I'm so disappointed.

2. Can you send me all that list about my C4X?
To see myself.

Thank you. 👍
Filip.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Filip, if your want a factory build sheet with everything that your car has, you'll need to upgrade your membership as we are charged for this.

This is just how things are for certain vehicles destined for certain countries. Here in the UK, the alarm system would be fitted as standard. Some countries find car alarms a public nuisance and therefore state the alarm must be limited to 30 seconds or not fitted at all. In fact in Israel you can go to prison for having a car alarm as they are banned!

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here

Marc