dpf fluid location and type

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Rb46dk
Donor 2024

dpf fluid location and type

Unread post by Rb46dk »

Hi everyone.

I have a C3 Picasso. VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I have a little confusion and I'm hoping for some information about my car.

When I bought it (used) the seller told me it was 1.6Hdi 110. The manual says that 110 was not made in this year and it must be 92.

I recently had a dash warning about "P filter fluid low, danger of filter blocking" (paraphrased).

Reading online there is a lot of conflicting advice (online???? surely not conflicting advice??? Shocking!!!) about dpf.

I also read recently that the 92 engine has no dpf and that they were only fitted to 110 engine cars.

With the VIN I have provided above, can anyone tell me the following:

What engine is in my car?

Where is the DPF fluid located?

Which type of fluid should I be using to refill the bag?

Many thanks in advance.
Andy.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: dpf fluid location and type

Unread post by RichardW »

Welcome

VIN confirm it's a 92, and it does have a DPF. The additive on this one is in a pouch, under the LH rear, and is Powerflex type. Original part no was 1500 RZ, now superseded by 96 780 336 80 retailing at £184.52 in the UK. Sometimes you can refill the bag, but you often find they are split so it's easiest just to fit a new one.
Richard W
Rb46dk
Donor 2024

Unread post by Rb46dk »

Thankyou very very very much for a concise, detailed and fast reply. Just like the internet used to be. Awesome.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Unread post by RichardW »

Thanks!

Forgot to say, you need a diagnostic computer to re-set the level once re-filled.
Richard W