PSA NAC RCC Updates

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

iconstab

Is it just me? Touchscreen update

Post by iconstab »

My Citroen smartphone app said I need to update the touchscreen, and sent me this email (exactly as shown):

Hello,
Your navigation system will be updated by CITROËN Update Application. This application will prepare the USB key that you should use in your vehicle.
If you have already installed the application, open it and start the download of the update.
If you haven't installed the application yet, Install CITROËN Update Application from the links below:
For Windows:
For MAC:
Make sure that the application is installed and saved in your computer's hard drive and not directly in an external support connected by USB.
You must have administrator rights on the computer and a broadband Internet connection.
Update Help :
My Citroën
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Is it just me? Touchscreen update

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What is your question?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
iconstab

Post by iconstab »

There are no links to anything in the email. What am I supposed to do?
Ian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's just informing you of an update. You download the files using the PC or MAC app, which does the download and preparation of USB for you. The phone app is just alerting you to an un update.

Having said that, this is the way it is supposed to happen, but recently there have been multiple issues of the Citroen Update App malfunctioning and not downloading the files. So either contact your dealer and complain if the desktop app is not working, or let me have your VIN and I'll send you a link to the files directly. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
iconstab

Post by iconstab »

Thanks for your reply. It's the "... Application from the links below: For Windows:" and the "You download the files using the PC or MAC app" that are the problem, since there's no clue as to how to get the app with no link, etc.
Having said which, thanks for the offer, and here's my VIN : VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Ian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the RCC Colour Radio only, so just a Touchscreen update.

RCC Firmware 6_0422_23.3I37.1

License

1) Download to your PC. Use a programme like 7 ZIP freely available to extract the compressed Firmware file to a FAT32 Formatted USB of 16Gb minimum size. Do NOT copy the entire compressed file to the USB, only the extracted files and 7 ZIP should recreate the folders for you.

2) As you have no on board wifi, you need to manually add the licence file yourself, so create a folder on the USB root drive called “License” without the quotes and spelled exactly as I have written it. Copy the licence file (that has a 'key' extension into the License folder on the USB you just created.

3) Insert the USB into the vehicle with the engine already running. It will try to locate media files and give a warning - ignore it. After 10 seconds it should detect the Firmware and offer to update it for you.

4) Don't use you mobile phone during the update as if it is connected to the car it can interfere with the update if a call or message comes in. Don't press any buttons or fiddle with the controls during the update and keep the engine running.

Marc
iconstab

Post by iconstab »

Marc
Thanks for these instructions. I have a 200 mile round trip to do tomorrow so will leave it till Wednesday. When you say "keep the engine running", you do know this is an electric Berlingo? I assume I settle for "keep the ignition on but in Park" !
Ian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ha! I missed that, but with an electric one, you should be fine.

Marc
iconstab

Post by iconstab »

Well, that was fun. Postponed the journey because of the weather, did the update.
Lesson learned: use a USB greater than 16GB, but not as big as 64GB, because exFAT format is not recognised - had to find an old camera card of 32GB that formatted to FAT32.
Upgrade worked, in the sense that the software and licence were read instantly (no warning, just Shall we do this?)
A very long 20 minutes - update hangs at 37%, then again for nearly 5 minutes at 54%.
End result - no change whatsoever that I can see. The same weird limited subset of apps from the phone via Android (Teams? really?) - and one - GBNews - that isn't on the phone.
ZapMap (I'm subscribed) loads a local map but still if I ask it to load a listed route it just twiddles its thumbs.
So, thanks for the help, but can't see any improvement!
Ian
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The updates for the head unit are really for bug fixes and for phone bluetooth compatibility with newer phone models, so don't expect any new features :wink:

Marc
iconstab

Post by iconstab »

Ah. Thanks.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I have the same problem. MyCitröen app says there is an update, but can't download. (6_0422_23.3I37.1)

I reached this forum looking for the exact number of the update. I tried downloading from the link that GiveMeABreak posted, formatted the usb device to FAT32 and extracted the files. Also copied the "key" file to the "License" folder.

But when i plug the usb to the car it says that the update is not valid.

I don't know if the license key is only for the VIN that Iconstab posted.

Can you confirm that the update file and license key are valid for my vehicle? VIN : VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks in advance!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The licence is only for that owner's vehicle.

Zeph Licence File

Marc
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Thanks for the quick reply and the license file!

I'll try to update and post results.

Thanks again!
Pikachu93

PSA NAC RCC Updates

Post by Pikachu93 »

Hi all,

Just purchased the car (A 2019 Citroen C5 Aircross) and went to download the Update Tool after seeing it mentioned on the MyCitroen app. My computer refuses to download the file - it wont even entertain the idea. As soon as I click to download the Citroen Update Tool on the official website it just flashes up 'Failed'. I can't seem to find the file anywhere else. This is before I've even got to whether I have a USB drive big enough lying around!

Can I download the files 'over the air' using my phone data from inside the car? I'm not sure the wifi will reach (no driveway and someone is currently in our usual parking space in front of our house).
Can I instead use a external hard drive and does it need to be empty if I do?

Just not sure if I'm missing something wildly obvious or not!

Thanks,
J