2004 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 D Air intake manifold

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dubris

2004 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 D Air intake manifold

Post by Dubris »

I am trying to replace the glow plugs but need to remove the air intake manifold to access them. I have removed the four fixings for the manifold and disconnected everything so that it should be free

but I cannot remove it, it is absolutely solid, is there anything that I have to do to release it from the actual air intakes ? Thanks in advance.
IMG_2133.JPG
Dubris

Re: 2004 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 D Air intake manifold

Post by Dubris »

Am I doing something wrong ? I put my question on here a couple of days ago full of hope but haven't had a single reply not even to say " that's a tricky one mate"
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Nothing wrong. But maybe the 1.9D engine is now quite old and a lot of members (which includes me) may not have experience of it.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Dubris

Post by Dubris »

Thank you Paul, I never thought of that, it is ,like me, getting on a bit, I'll have to be patient and hope there's some old timer on here who remembers it ! Thanks again for your reply.
moizeau
Donor 2024

Post by moizeau »

I don't know the DW8 set up but have just found this, may be of use.
http://ldvpilotvan.blogspot.com/2013/12 ... iesel.html
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
Dubris

Post by Dubris »

Thanks moizeau, I've checked out the blog and it confirmed that I've disconnected everything necessary, but my Citroen DW8 engine is mounted differently in that it's tilted back under the bulkhead so you don't have access to the front of the manifold to pull it off. Ant way I'm going to get my crowbar out and have another go today. Thanks for your input.