citroen xsara picasso central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adamski1952

citroen xsara picasso central locking

Post by adamski1952 »

Hi all.
I just need some help with my key. I just bought a new car then i noticed the buttons didn't work on the remote. Thought it needed a new battery but when i opened it there was no circuit board inside.Bought a second hand key off ebay and tried putting the board in my key.I tried the usual procedure to pair the new board with the car.(switch on ignition and press button for 10 seconds) but it still doesn't work. Am i correct in thinking any board should work thats 433 mhz.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: citroen xsara picasso central locking

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This can't be a 'new' car being a Xsara Picasso, so I suggest the previous owner has replaced the fob with some cheap fobs that don't work.

You can't use a second hand key in another vehicle. Once coded to the BSI and engine ECU, the fobs can only be used in the same vehicle they were programmed to.

You can't programme fob using the method you described - a new fob has to be programmed to the BSI using a professional-level diagnostic tool and the fob must be compatible and new (not previously programmed to any other vehicle.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
adamski1952

Post by adamski1952 »

Thanks for the quick reply.Thought it was just the immobiliser chip that needed to be programed to the bsi.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, that is the immobiliser part of the fob or key. It has to be programmed using a Pro-level diagnostic. Inserting the fob into the ignition and holding the lock button in is only part of the reinitialisation process - say if the battery has been disconnected - but it is not the same as programming the chip to the vehicle.

Remote locking requires the circuitry to be handshaking with the vehicle and that means the transponder chip has to be programmed as said or it will not allow remote locking or opening.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
adamski1952

Post by adamski1952 »

Thanks.
the transponder chip is the original one. car runs fine its just the circuit board B000787C that ive replaced.can it be programmed with lexia.