07 Xsara Picasso. Dead Battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mr_Pink82

07 Xsara Picasso. Dead Battery

Post by Mr_Pink82 »

Hey Men,

It's been very cold the last few days. My cars been running fine, never had any problems with a anything. Got into car dismorning and turn the ignition and nothing. Dash lights came on turned the key then nowt. Only the battery light stays on. I was able to jump start, but once I turned off the engine it wouldn't start again. Could my battery which I never had issues with before need replacing or could I have an other issue? I'm a novice driver and don't know much about engines etc.
wheeler

Re: 07 Xsara Picasso. Dead Battery

Post by wheeler »

Absolutely, if the battery is over 5 year old you have had your moneys worth. If there is any slight weakness in the battery a cold snap can finish it off. Just need to check the alternator is charging the battery too.
Mr_Pink82

Post by Mr_Pink82 »

Cheers mate. The battery over 5 years old alright. Will have to bring it my mechanic and get him to check the alternator
Mr_Pink82

Post by Mr_Pink82 »

Not the battery. My mechanic thinking it's the starter now. He's having a nightmare trying to get it out though. Can't find the top bolt. Anyone any tips on getting the starter out?
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

See viewtopic.php?t=61267 for some hints.