windscreen and side windows keep steaming up

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
maxie

windscreen and side windows keep steaming up

Unread post by maxie »

Hi everyone I'm new here I have a Citroen C4 2023 from new great car but the problem I'm having during these winter months is the windscreen and side windows keep steaming up especially when the car is not moving like at traffic lights I keep having to put the demisters on full which is really annoying, never had to do that with any other car that I had own thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: windscreen and side windows keep steaming up

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Make sure the climate control is on AUTO so that the A/C is operating as required and that you have not got the air recycle option switched on, as this will just recycle moist air from the cabin.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
maxie

Unread post by maxie »

Okay will try that thanks although I'm sure I did but will let you know, just wondering why the A/C has always got to be switch on ain't the A/C air conditioning for hot sunny days the problem I'm having became very dangerous a few weeks back when driving on the motorway in heavy rain and damp conditions but will let you know
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Having the A/C on dries the air like a dehumidifier and thus very effectively demists... My Picasso demists in seconds when the A/C kicks in :)

When in Auto or the climate is asked for full demist the A/C will come on as necessary and needed. The A/C is not just for hot summer days ;)

If yours does not effectively demist, you may have an A/C problem or a leak into the cabin causing a damp issue - wet carpets?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

What Jim says is spot on, with modern vehicles the climate control keeps everything at ta comfortable climate and solves the issues you are having. Always leave it on auto and just focus on the temperature that you require, the climate system will do the rest.

Marc
SwissTony

Unread post by SwissTony »

maxie wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 02:21 ain't the A/C air conditioning for hot sunny days ?..
No, it is, as you've said yourself, air CONDITIONING, not air cooling. I use mine all year round, set to.19.5c. It dries the air, the pollen filter removes crap and dust (great fir hay-fever sufferers) , cools it if it's too hot and warms if if it's too cold. I'd not have a car without it now.
2011 C3 Picasso in black - The love wagon.
2016 BMW F800R - the throbber between my legs.
Th+1968

Unread post by Th+1968 »

I have the same problem with my 2022 C4 and have to have the air con on full blast all the time and the rear demister. As soon as it turns off it steams up again! I discovered there is a recall for this which I have just had done at the Citroen dealer, picked it up today and it still doing exactly the same thing!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Wait for a while to see if the continues condensation is from any previously accumulated moisture / water, depending on what the recall was for.

If it is still a problem after a week or so of use and you have had the climate on AUTO to ensure the AC is on all the time, then take it back, as you have the warranty.

Marc
Th+1968

Unread post by Th+1968 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Jan 2024, 23:35 Wait for a while to see if the continues condensation is from any previously accumulated moisture / water, depending on what the recall was for.

If it is still a problem after a week or so of use and you have had the climate on AUTO to ensure the AC is on all the time, then take it back, as you have the warranty.
Thank you