Steering issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Big Eb

Steering issue

Unread post by Big Eb »

Evening all again.
Decided to change engine mount bushes top and bottom as steering was pulling to left and right when accelerating as if you gone down a pot hole, noticed that the bushes were badly disintegrated and they had quite a bit of play in them,so thinking it was the issue,now replaced but still seems to pull, any one had this issue or have any ideas what the problem could be.
Thanks. Eb
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Steering issue

Unread post by CitroJim »

My thoughts on this are in your other thread Eb...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

CitroJim wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 17:58 My thoughts on this are in your other thread Eb...

Also, don't dismiss the possibility a slightly binding brake caliper on the side it's pulling to... I've had that too...

Feel the wheels after a run. If one feels warmer than the other then that'll be it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Big Eb

Unread post by Big Eb »

Funny you should say that, did notice one side was rather warm,but this issue occurs when you give it a bit of Welly and it jerk's to right or left, would this be part of the same issue.
Cheers Eb
Big Eb

Unread post by Big Eb »

Seen your other comment, thought it was removed as I put in the wrong section as couldn't see my post.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Big Eb wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 18:07 Funny you should say that, did notice one side was rather warm,but this issue occurs when you give it a bit of Welly and it jerk's to right or left, would this be part of the same issue.
Cheers Eb
Very much so, the more welly you give it the more pronounced it will be...
Jim

Big Eb

Unread post by Big Eb »

Ok thanks for your input, will give it a look if not raining tomorrow.
Cheers Eb