Gearbox sensor fault.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Leepr14

Gearbox sensor fault.

Post by Leepr14 »

A strange problem has occurred on my Spacetourer. It’s a 17 plate, 1.6 diesel engine.

I went out to find a flat battery after a decent run. I connected it to a smart charger, completely dead and left it to charge but then jumped started from another car so I could get going. Pressed the brake down and hit the start button to an immediate ‘service light’ and engine warning light and a ‘gearbox fault’, it wouldn’t start. Left it another 10 minutes connected to jump leads, tried again, it started after it continued to throw the same warning lights on dash.

It shows ‘auto’ on the dashboard when it’s sitting in neutral, the auto won’t go off to show N or R. I moved it to the auto position on the gear selector, it drives fine and illuminates the gear number over the auto writing on the dash. Took it for a test drive, didn’t miss a beat but continued to show fault warning lights. Even works in manual mode but continues to show ‘auto’.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Do you have any advice on how to resolve the problem? Thanks in advance.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Gearbox sensor fault.

Post by xantia_v6 »

First thing to try is the "BSI Reset" procedure: viewtopic.php?t=61997