Door locking. Xsara Picasso 06

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Derekg

Door locking. Xsara Picasso 06

Post by Derekg »

I have repaired my faulty ind sw but since I disconnected the battery the door locks have started misbehaving.

On locking the car everything locks and unlocks at first but leave it awhile and the remote will not unlock the car.
On trying to unlock car from dvrs door not possible to key just not turning the lock. Do not know if lock has been changed at all or just a seized lock mechanism. After a fashion can get into pass door.

Do I have to get Lexia to clear the faults again or is this lock problem just mechanical?
Do I have to do a BSI reset , with a slower series of events, maybe I am not allowing enough time for the ecu's to shut down properly.

It was working properly until I dismantled to repair the switch.
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Re: Door locking. Xsara Picasso 06

Post by Rp0thejester »

It's probably just unused handles that gunk has built up into
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Yep, gunk build up, I had same issue cos key fob means no key use in handle. You need to do a BSI reset which can be found here somewhere
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Derekg wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 00:30 I have repaired my faulty ind sw but since I disconnected the battery the door locks have started misbehaving.

On locking the car everything locks and unlocks at first but leave it awhile and the remote will not unlock the car.
Do you have an aftermarket radio fitted? If its the original radio is it saving radio stations & is the clock display keeping the correct time?
Its possible you have popped the fuse for the permanent live to the central locking system, When the BSI wakes up it has power but when it goes to sleep you loose the VAN+ supply. Double check the fuses in the BSI, particularly F4, F14, F15 & F16
Derekg wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 00:30On trying to unlock car from dvrs door not possible to key just not turning the lock. Do not know if lock has been changed at all or just a seized lock mechanism. After a fashion can get into pass door.
More than likely just a seized door lock barrel, Quite a common issue on the Picasso locks when they dont get a lot of use. Might be worth soaking the lock in some lubricant spray over a few days & working the key in & out.