Simple guide to some engine features

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Simple guide to some engine features

Post by Huskyxantia »

A simple guide i put together to help the not so clued up mechanically minded folks :) like me

Photo 1. yellow injectors, Red injector clamp bolts,Green fuel filter primer

Photo 2. Purple turbo,green vacuume pump,yellow water temp sensor,red thermostate housing,red yellow dots clutch,blue oil filter cap.

Photo 3.blue fuel filter hoising , yellow turbo oil feed pipe & bolt.

Photo 4.blue oil pressure sensor switch,green lower bango bolt for turbo oil feed pipe hidden by the dpf.

Photo 5. Is this oil level sensor ?
Attachments
No.5
No.5
No.4
No.4
No.3
No.3
No.2
No.2
No.1
No.1
Husky. :?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Simple guide to some engine features

Post by CitroJim »

That's very useful Husky, thanks for posting :D Yes, I should say the sensor in 5 is the level sensor given its position relative to the sump.

Maybe worth saying this is the DV6 1.6 diesel...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Is that pictures of the thing that lives under the lift up thing looking out of the front window from the seat that has the steering thing in front of it :rofl2: =D>

Colin
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

admiral51 wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 16:04 Is that pictures of the thing that lives under the lift up thing looking out of the front window from the seat that has the steering thing in front of it :rofl2: =D>

Colin
:rofl2: wondered what the noise was coming from
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 16:04 Is that pictures of the thing that lives under the lift up thing looking out of the front window from the seat that has the steering thing in front of it :rofl2: =D>

Colin
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a very modern and contemporary view of it Colin, no doubt how 99% of Gen Z see it! Now there's sod-all the average person can do on a modern car, save topping-up the screen-wash, that's the level of understanding of what goes on under the bonnet...

Happy Christmas!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Jim,
Great to see you here enjoying yourself.
I see you have moved with the times and are using the upgraded Penny Farthing :)
Sorry for the late reply had to use my phone as whilst i have a clear screen on my laptop it seems water may have caused an issue with the chippy things that make it run. #-o
Screen washed where do i go to make a claim :rofl2:

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

And great to see you here Colin :D Yes, gone all modern and been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century... I'm loving learning all about these modern cars and how they work and I'm absolutely loving my little Picasso - it's been a very steep learning curve but I'm getting there ;)

I've still got my proper Citroen though ;)
Jim

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

I love it reading about an engine over 10 yrs old classed as modern makes me feel young :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Huskyxantia wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 14:25 I love it reading about an engine over 10 yrs old classed as modern makes me feel young :)
Good engines can have a very long life Husky... Several PSA engines have. Off the top of my head: the little TU, the XU/D - of which the HDi is just a development - and the ES9 V6... There may be more.

All the above are modern classics that enjoyed a very long life in production... The DV6 is not so bad but other more recent PSA engines have not perhaps inherited the genes of the earlier ones for general bomb-proofness...
Jim