Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI Front Brake Rotor Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bahcekapili

Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI Front Brake Rotor Problem

Post by bahcekapili »

Dear guys,

I got the car 2 years ago and up to this date i changed front brake rotors and pads 3 times. Something is causing the brake discs to warp but what?

In this period i changed right and left front wheel hub and last week we saw that front control arm bushings are erupt and changed them with lemförder bushings. Also the mechanic said that front control arms were not installed in alignment. I really drove car as should it be and not washing when the brakes are hot.

What do you think about?
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Re: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI Front Brake Rotor Problem

Post by Sloppysod »

When you replaced the rotor & Pads, did you check that the sliders are running free, and did you wind back the pistons fully, they are not as you would expect, you can not just push them home.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxFh56AGe5ZE ... ure=shared
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
bahcekapili

Post by bahcekapili »

Thanks for your answer. Sliders are running free and i have tool for wind back the pistons fully.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Warping is usually the result of excessive side forces applied to the rotor. So is the suspension set up correctly with castor and camber correct? Are the rotors seated properly on the hubs? Are the hubs balanced? Just some thoughts !! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

This is copied from the Citroen Owners Club C5 Common Problems topic
59. C5 X7 front discs warping.

Something to check, copied from a post by taximan61:

Got the car October 2015 when it was 4 years old and had 115k on. One owner and with a full dealer history, paid £4500 for it. Had a recurring problem with front discs warping, 2 sets only lasted a couple of months. Garage eventually sorted it, inside the caliper pin rubber guides there are plastic spacer rings, these go brittle with the heat and jam the caliper, used to be a problem on the old AX models I'm told. These were removed and all is well.
bahcekapili

Post by bahcekapili »

PaulC5 wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 23:15 This is copied from the Citroen Owners Club C5 Common Problems topic
59. C5 X7 front discs warping.

Something to check, copied from a post by taximan61:

Got the car October 2015 when it was 4 years old and had 115k on. One owner and with a full dealer history, paid £4500 for it. Had a recurring problem with front discs warping, 2 sets only lasted a couple of months. Garage eventually sorted it, inside the caliper pin rubber guides there are plastic spacer rings, these go brittle with the heat and jam the caliper, used to be a problem on the old AX models I'm told. These were removed and all is well.
Thank you man. I will check for it.
bahcekapili

Post by bahcekapili »

Dear guys,

Yesterday i changed brake discs and pads (valeo disc and brake pads). See that two of the caliper pins are not sliding and jammed. So changed two of the rubber guides and all good now. Braking is very good i hope not to waste these rotors :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good result :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

bahcekapili wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 11:31 Dear guys,

Yesterday i changed brake discs and pads (valeo disc and brake pads). See that two of the caliper pins are not sliding and jammed. So changed two of the rubber guides and all good now. Braking is very good i hope not to waste these rotors :)
Good luck man, hope this solves it for you...
bahcekapili

Post by bahcekapili »

Update : A video captured by me while working on caliper. :) Sory for language.