RNEG2.75.C.5 SW Version

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Danilov

RNEG2.75.C.5 SW Version

Post by Danilov »

Hi all,
I have this unit and I messed it up. Initially it was working except it was showing o satellites and obviously sat nav did not work. I tried a new aerial but to no avail. Then got a new map update from but after following all instructions my unit just shows blue sky and and still O satellites. Here is the model
Attachments
IMG_20231219_125534.jpg
IMG_20231215_152251.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RNEG2.75.C.5 SW Version

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't help you with unofficial maps or maps for other sources.

You need to try getting a cheap GPS aerial from ebay for a £10 and plug this into the rear of the RT6. The you MUST go for a drive for 10 minutes for satellites to lock on. Sitting stationary in the car won't work.

If you start to get satellites visible afterwards then you know it is between the aerial harness and the base. If you still have nothing, then it's likely to be a faulty Head Unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

“ You need to try getting a cheap GPS aerial from ebay for a £10 and plug this into the rear of the RT6. The you MUST go for a drive for 10 minutes for satellites to lock on. Sitting stationary in the car won't work.”
That is exactly what I meant when I posted my message. Got one from eBay , plugged it in directly to the unit, drove for a half a day and the same result. I do not know whether it is hardware or software problem. The thing is the guidance was only a few miles off. That is why I though it was SW problem and went for a map update.
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Had Honda before, needed only a few seconds to locate all the stars it needed to operate. This one is a completely different sort of animal, apparently.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so in this case assuming you haven't installed dodgy software, and if there are still no satellites with the temporary aerial, then that rules out the aerial and you have an internal fault. Possibly the internal GPS receiver or the head unit itself.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

This is not a good news at all. Should I try a FW update as a last resort. I can order the disc from dealer as you mention in one of your posts? This infamous SD card inside is it the “ hard drive “ of the system or is there another non volatile memory like flash chip? Suppose there is a good working unit with good SD card, if that card is replaced with a brand new and update is done and then all messed up as a result, would putting back the “good” one restore it back to good state or damage has already been done with other parts? ](*,)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, this system uses a flash memory MicroSD card for the hard drive. The firmware creates the partitions and installs the operating system onto the card.

If it's the motherboard itself then you'll probably need a repair / replacement. If it's the MicroSD memory cells failing (most common) then replacing the card is the cheapest first option to try as it only costs you the price of a memory card (16Gb Max and make sure you match the specification of the existing one). I don't understand what you are asking in the second part of your reply, but the next paragraph may answer your question:

What you are not understanding is that the user files and configuration from a good working system that has not been changed are stored on the card. If you replace the card from another system, the replacement card must be from the same vehicle or from an identical vehicle with the same exact options as your car, otherwise you are replacing the card with a different configuration if not identical to your own.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Marc, this question is important to me …. Let’s have a good working unit, all good, then we take the ‘good card” from inside and put it aside for now. Then take brand new sd card and stick it in the unit, plug unit in the car and do new firmware install say 2.85 and we get messed up unit to cut it short. Now, we open the unit, pull out the new messed up card and install the good old one back in. What would be the result now? Will the unit work as it did before we started messing with it or …? I suppose I mean can we play with it as long as we have the original sd card in working order or our action is gonna change/affect other systems and even installing the good one is not going to work
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, because the firmware also updates some software on the motherboard as well as the MiroSD Card.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

So this means that there is another non volatile memory apart from SD card itself probably chip inside head unit which is also affected by FW updates
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Very likely, which is why you can't downgrade the firmware once updated, even if the SD card is replaced.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Marc, if I find unit from identical car - specs and year would it work provided VIN is entered? Also if I only download theirs back ups with MIRA script and enter in mine? :-k
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All Head Units require VIN coding to the vehicle.

Yes, if you obtain the mirascript user data backup file from another identical car, it should work (but firmware version may be an issue, so make sure you get a backup from somebody with V2.86, which is the last update). Of course make sure you have have installed new MicroSD card in your system and applied the V2.86 firmware first too, before restoring the files from the other system.

Bear in mind that the user data from the donor vehicle will contain the personal user files like phone numbers and navigation history etc. from the owner....

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

About VIN coding. Is it possible to be done with Snap-on or Launch diagnostics or it has to be with Peugeot one? Also , is it possible to extract configurations from the card itself , meaning being out of the head unit and the car? I already installed 2.85 on a new card and the unit does’t work with the original anymore because is only 2.75
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It can be done with a professional level diagnostic tool, I can't speak for those specific tools, but Diagbox will be able to do it.

That's what mirascripts is for - to extract the configuration data from the unit before you upgrade and for other reasons.

If you put the card in a windows PC, Windows will write system files to the card and this will cause issues. But if the card is already failing, you may only be copying corrupt media files over if indeed the card can't be read properly.

It's best to just put the new card in and update to firmware 2.86 then see how it goes, then find somebody with an identical vehicle and options and see if they will be willing to send their config files - but they may not for privacy reasons. I'm not aware of any version 2.85 though......

Marc