RNEG2.75.C.5 SW Version

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Danilov

Re: RNEG2.75.C.5 SW Version

Post by Danilov »

Sorry, I meant 2.86
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

2.85 exists and I have a copy of it as an 80MB CD ISO. If you really want 2.85 then I can provide a Dropbox link for you. Providing I haven't exceeded my Dropbox data allowance that is!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Hi Paul-R,
Thanks for that but it wouldn't’ be of any help as I have already put 2.86 and according to Marc it cannot be downgraded. My problem right now is that I didn’t make a back up of my original sd card. I still have it but can’t use it anymore. Now my sat nav is blank and controls are all over the place, can’t change language, mileage is in km, at least radio and cd work. The whole job is a write off as chances to find similar spec car which has been updated is next to nothing. Probably should check those android units for my model on Ali express
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Hi Marc,
There are two vin numbers, first is mine, the other is I hope identical vehicle. I wonder if you could check it, please
VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so they look the same according to the VIN and have the same Head unit parts and options too.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Can I use MIRA SCRIPT to resolve missing configurations? Owner of that car did not collaborate so back to square one.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't advise on that, best to check on Mirascripts site:

https://mira308sw.altervista.org/en/index.htm

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Merry Christmas everybody. Not a day for discussing car troubles. Have a good one
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

I am calling for help here. My vehicle is 308 1.6 hdi 2013 with a flip-out display. If anybody has a backup files of configuration settings for this particular model and year peugeot I will appreciate if they contact me. Back up has to be done as Marc described it in here : viewtopic.php?t=63227. Thanks
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Hi Marc
In the procedure of backing up setting of RT 6 you wrote:
‘ On the USB Key, enter the CMD folder and delete all the 'CMD' files except the RT6_USERCOM.CMD, which should now be the only file left in the CMD directory ‘
There are other command type files like ‘ RT_CONFIGFLAG.CMD ‘ as well as ‘ RT_READCFG.CMD ‘. Is it good to back them too if that is possible? Thanks
Last edited by Danilov on 30 Dec 2023, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Leave the RT6_USERCOM.CMD file and ALL other files EXCEPT the other programmes that have the *.CMD extension.

What this means is that if you were to extract the Mirascripts files directly to the USB, it would create the CMD directory and place all the mini programmes in that directory along with the other associated files required. It is therefore essential to remove all the files with a *.CMD extension except the one that you need for any specific operation. So it is important that when the system boots up it only executes the specific one programme that you need for the specific operation - in this case for part A of the guide, the backup programme to copy the data to your USB key.

You should have the original Miracripts compressed file that you extracted onto the USB, which you can keep somewhere on your PC or download it again later when you need to run a different programme.

So follow what it says in the guide exactly - the 2 files you mentioned (RT_CONFIGFLAG.COM ‘ as well as ‘ RT_READCFG.COM) do not have a *.CMD extension, they have a *.COM extension so should be left there.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Marc, I understand that I have to follow the instructions step by step. As the Mira script is not explained in a document anywhere one can only guess what “xxx.CMD” scripts do. There is an older version on Mirascript site that is supplied with pdf guide but it is with different structure files and is for RT4 and RT5 variants. RT_CONFIGFLAG.CMD ‘ as well as ‘ RT_READCFG.CMD‘ are with cmd extension by the way, sorry my fault I corrected them in the post. Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

DON'T use the scripts for earlier versions of the RT* systems. Versions earlier than RT6 have separate files. Just use the RT6 version or you will run into problems and as I said and as in the guide, just follow the instructions and only move the files I mentioned.

Marc
Danilov

Post by Danilov »

Marc, question to you if you please can answer. See the above pictures of my screen( previous page). For a replacement unit suited for my car do I have to source exactly the same “unit release number “. This number is on the screen as well as on the sticker on the unit itself. I see lots of units for sale but non with the same number except one from France (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115974432102)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is very important that you match the hardware part number up correctly, as there are different RT6 units available and the correct one has to support the options for your vehicle, as for example not all the RT6 units support rear video camera. Ignore the firmware, as that can always be updated. So the number on the back of the unit (98067039XN) is what you should be looking for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134833851362

Marc