citroen c5 x7 2008

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sergiu

citroen c5 x7 2008

Post by Sergiu »

hello, i use before VM diagbox for my citroen with no subscription, everything was working good, and after my hard disk on my laptop broke and i lost all the data, I can not find that virtual machine with diagbox anymore, now every diagbox that i find ask for subscription, does not let me to conect to my car. Always when i try to conect i get the mesage conect the VCI. I have chinese one, XS evolution, can somebody help me with this?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: citroen c5 x7 2008

Post by CitroJim »

Have you ensured the VCI is correctly mapped across to the VMware Virtual Machine? By default it'll map to the underlying Windows host and it needs to be mapped to the VM. There's an option to do this in the VM's left hand top Drop- Down menu.

If your Diagbox software is the same as mine you will see in the VM in addition to the Diagbox software itself there's also a Device Manager where you should see the VCI listed as an Actia device and also a piece of software, which I've yet to try, to verify your VCI... You may need to minimise Digabox to see these two...

When you rebuilt your laptop did you reinstall the VM and Diagbox software that originally came with your VCI or did you use some other version?

Hope this helps... And don't forget to suspend the VM rather than closing it down. You may need to initially run Diagbox, suspend the VM and then run the suspended session again.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sergiu

Post by Sergiu »

yes, is conected to the VMware machine, because when I plug in the USB it ask me where I want to conect, and I choose conect to Virtual machine. No, I don't use that Diagbox that came with the xs evolution, but stil I was able to do everything before with the Diagbox that I find myself
Sergiu

Post by Sergiu »

I think to delete everything, and reinstal windows, and then try again. I hear that some leftover files might be a problem. but I need a verified link to Virtual Machine and a verified diagbox.

Did you pay for your Diagbox? for subscription or something?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you only need it for your C5 X7 or cars prior to 2015, stick to DB V7. It's a bit more fiddly to install and activate for some people, but at least it works for the most part. The later versions of 'patched' DB V9.** may be a standalone installation with activation or a Virtualised version. It all depends what you want and who you bought it from.

We can't provide links to such software here though, sorry.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

I think this is the one I got hold of a few months ago:
Credit to benoliver999 on the berlingo forum.

(If mods feel the need to delete the torrent link, perphas you could leave the following link to the berlingo forum post with the link on it?)
https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-20952.html
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 23 Dec 2023, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link left, torrent removed Jay